Company: Confidential Company
Posted on: June 19, 2022
Our CPA firm has been serving the Southwest Florida (Sarasota)
community for over 60 years. We are seeking an experienced Tax
Preparer to join our team! The ideal candidate would have strong
experience as a tax preparer, and hold a Florida CPA license or be
an Enrolled Agent, and 3 or more years of experience in public
accounting firm. Note: When submitting your resume, please include
a cover letter with your availability, salary requirements, and 3
business/professional recommendations (1 from a past employer).
Details: In this position, the candidate will be preparing
personal/business/non-profit/fiduciary tax returns, and performing
client write-up. The candidate will need to collaborate and
communicate with employees and clients to ensure the accuracy of
financial transactions. This position requires interacting and
assisting clients and assist in tax planning, consulting, and
regulatory tax compliance for complex returns. Confidentiality,
excellent organizational skills, and accuracy are important
qualifications for this position, as well as good client relations
and the ability to communicate clearly. Duties:
- Prepare tax returns for individuals and organizations, research
tax questions, offer suggestions for tax planning, and may research
tax law for potential tax savings. Prepare federal, state, and
local tax returns by collecting, analyzing, and formatting
financial information from clients.
- Prepare monthly/quarterly/annual client write-up bookkeeping to
prep for tax return preparation.
- Determine tax liability by interpreting tax regulations;
computing taxes; completing tax returns.
- Reconcile and prepare special tax reports by collecting and
analyzing financial and related information.
- Maintains client confidence and protects operations by keeping
tax information confidential.
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related tasks as
- 3+ Years of tax return preparation for individuals and
- Ideal Education: BA in Accounting or MA in Taxation and ideal
candidate will have audit fieldwork experience.
- Working knowledge of tax laws. Strong leadership & personal
management skills. Excellent knowledge of Tax Preparation,
Accounting, Reporting Skills, Forecasting, Financial Planning and
Strategy, Analyzing Information, Research Skills, Legal Compliance,
Objectivity, Thoroughness, Results Driven. Group communication
working well with others, open to constructive feedback and new
- Analytical skills and detail oriented, deadline oriented. Work
closely with a team of other tax professionals.
- Experience with Lacerte software and Microsoft word and excel.
- Weekdays; Monday - Friday; 9am to 5pm
- Required: Tax Season with increased hours (January - April
15th, and September - October 15th) Compensation and Other:
- Full-time, 40 hours per week, compensation is commiserated with
- Competitive benefits package
- Business Casual Attire, Professional language, Well-Organized,
Strong customer service skills.
- Software: Lacerte Tax, QuickBooks, CCH Practice Management,
Keywords: Confidential Company, Palmetto , Tax Preparer, Accounting, Auditing , Venice, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!