Company: Ad-Vance Talent Solutions
Location: Bradenton Beach
Posted on: September 22, 2022
Accountant 2/Payables/Cash Receipts
Salary: $50,920 - $66,196
FULL TIME, TEMP-TO-PERMANENTMINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS REQUIRED:
- Bachelor's Degree in Accounting or related field with two
years' experience in municipal government accounting or five or
more years' experience in accounting related field such as accounts
payable, accounts receivable, payroll, cost accounting or other
accounting related functions. Must have knowledge of GAAP. An
equivalent combination of education, training, certification, or
progressively responsible experience may be substituted for the
- Ability to perform complex mathematical calculations with error
free accuracy. Ability to develop computer spreadsheets using
complex formulas and a variety of financial and other mathematical
functions. Excellent computer skills in Microsoft Word and Excel
- Must possess a valid Florida Driver License or can obtain
within thirty (30) days of employment.FUNCTIONS
- Accounts Payable and P-Card Processing
- Cash Receipts
- Grant ReportingThis position is responsible for processing and
auditing accounts payable transactions including P-Cards, fringe
benefits and capital expenditures totaling approximately $33
million annually. Detail Excel spreadsheets are required to be
maintained for utilities, fuel, assessment prepayments and legal
costs. This position also prepares cash deposits for weekly armored
car service, utilizes remote deposit scanner and audits and posts
cash receipts of subsidiary departments.This position is
responsible for making payments and posting transactions accurately
and on time; overseeing department compliance with travel
reimbursement and advances and ensuring departments follow year end
cut off procedures.The employee will be cross trained in multiple
accounting areas. This position will be cross trained in Water &
Sewer Utility customer service; fills in for Utility Billing
Department during lunch and vacations.SPECIFIC JOB DUTIES:Accounts
Payable and P-Card Processing
- Receives all invoices, scans and catalogue into Laserfiche and
assigns to appropriate departments.
- Reviews invoices for mathematical accuracy, correct account
classification and purchase order application.
- Coordinates purchase orders with the purchasing department
- Process approved invoices for payment, prepares checks, ACH
payments, and positive pay files for transmission to the bank
- Ensures proper tagging of invoices to capital asset tracking
- Prepares sales tax reports
- Ensures pension contributions and bond payments are made on a
- Audits travel allowance reimbursement and advances.
- Verifies invoices for duplicate payments
- Ensures proper cut off procedures at year end close.
- Imports P-Card transactions form Works program, verifies
transactions are supported with proper receipts and account
classification and posts transactions to General Ledger on a weekly
- Verifies vendor master file information, tracks W-9's and ACH
Authorizations and prepares 1099sCash Receipts
- Prepares cash deposits received from various departments for
armored car services weekly
- Posts subsidiary cash receipt journals from various departments
upon verification of proper classification on a daily basis.
- Creates remote deposits using check scanning equipment
receipted in by other Town staff members.Grant ReportingAssists in
the quarterly reporting for grants and requests for drawdowns.Other
- Bills and tracks retiree health insurance receivables.
- Acts as liaison with EMS third party billing provider,
processes EMS refunds and maintains reports.
- Tracks prepayments of assessments and communicates with third
party assessment administrator.
- Reviews outstanding check lists and assists with the escheat of
- Researches and analyzes accounting data and prepares special
reports as necessary.
- Prepares detail spreadsheets for legal, fuel, utilities,
assessment prepayments and other reports as required.
- Cross-trained and performs duties in multiple accounting areas
including accounting, utilities, customer service and other areas
- Upon declaration of a disaster and/or emergency, employee in
this classification may be required to report to work.
- Any other functions deemed essential by the Town and
communicated to the employee by his/her supervisor or department
head.JOB PERFORMANCE KNOWLEDGE AND ABILITIESKnowledgeable of
applicable generally accepted accounting principles and practices.
Have strong accounting skills and ability to prepare accurate
accounting reports and statements of considerable complexity.
Candidates must be highly motivated with good organization skills
and show great attention to detail. Advanced levels in word
processing and spreadsheets desired. Skilled with calculators and
computers with ability to use other accounting software. Able to
work in a team environment.
The Town is a Drug Free Workplace, in compliance with the Drug Free
Workplace Act of 1988, in - 440.102, FS and Rules 59A-24 F.A.C
(Florida Administrative Code). State and federal laws and
regulations may subject certain employees to additional drug
testing requirements. Any employee who violates the program is
subject to disciplinary action up to and including
Keywords: Ad-Vance Talent Solutions, Palmetto , Accountant, Accounting, Auditing , Bradenton Beach, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!