Senior Engineer - Code Compliance
Company: Pgt Custom Windows + Doors
Posted on: January 16, 2022
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following.
Other duties may be assigned.
- Monitors and drives changes in building and energy codes that
affect the window industry, including Miami-Dade, ASCE, ASTM, AAMA,
ICC, NFRC, FPA, and TDI.
- Attends industry meetings and drives modifications to building
codes and testing standards that strategically align with our
business. Determines and communicates how these changes affect
current and future products.
- Provides direction and prepares engineering packages for
product approval by code bodies. Determines required design
parameters for testing of products.
- Provides dealer and customer support on issues relating to
building and energy codes.
- Interprets regional design implications from customers, sales
representatives, and service representatives to determine
requirements for testing and product design.
- Monitors status of current certifications and plans for
recertification to maintain product approvals.
- Manages reporting of status of all state, energy, and national
- Prepares certifications of job-specific applications and
- Plans testing requirements for in-house and field-testing.
- Works with Sales and Marketing on new business
- Works with Product Engineering to develop new design
- Develops budgeting requirements for department.
- Provides engineering analysis to win projects utilizing PGTI
products that are outside of our currently certified offering.
- Meets face to face with distributors and key decision makers on
upcoming projects, including the project Engineer of Record and
Supervisory Responsibilities:Provide guidance to Code Compliance
Engineers and Code Compliance Specialists Supervise, mentor and
develop engineering interns.
Qualifications:To perform this job successfully, an individual must
be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The
requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge,
skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be
made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the
Education and/or Experience:
- B.S. Degree in Engineering (or related college degree) and four
years engineering experience in the fenestration industry or
minimum of eight years of related engineering experience.
- Project management experience in a team environment.
- Working knowledge of all specifications required for the
in-house and field-testing of windows, doors, and any other
products produced by PGTI.
- Must gain familiarity with PGTI products and testing
- Proficiency in MS Office (Word, Excel, Outlook)and AutoCAD.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Must write clearly and concisely.
- Must use courtesy and tact with internal and external
Mathematical Skills:Proficient in algebra, geometry, and
- Ability to establish priorities.
- Ability to plan, document, and monitor projects/processes.
- Must be able to assess complex situations and make appropriate
Physical Demands/Work Environment:The physical demands described
here are representative of those that must be met by an team member
to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with
disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Usual office environment with frequent sitting, walking, and
standing, and occasional climbing, stooping, kneeling, crouching,
crawling, and balancing. Frequent use of eye, hand, and finger
coordination enabling the use of office machinery. Oral and
auditory capacity enabling interpersonal communication as well as
communication through automated devices such as the telephone.
Occasional: activity exists less than 1/3 of the time.Frequent:
activity exists 1/3 and 2/3 of the time.
Travel Requirements: Ability to travel occasionally domestically.by
Keywords: Pgt Custom Windows + Doors, Palmetto , Senior Engineer - Code Compliance, Engineering , Venice, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!