Posted on: May 9, 2022
Here at Wellpath, everything that we do is about taking care of
people - our patients, our staff and our partners. We are committed
to making a difference by providing hope and healing to vulnerable
patients in challenging clinical environments. Our talented,
compassionate team thrives in an autonomous environment, is
empowered and supported by education, training and the resources to
practice healthcare the way it is meant to be and strives to
"Always Do The Right Thing!"OverviewOur Nursing Manager is
responsible for the direct clinical and administrative oversight of
the assigned unit(s). This position provides supervision of nursing
staff for the provision of a nursing process that assesses, plans,
implements, and evaluates a comprehensive psychiatric and medical
care plan. Participates in staff development and performance
improvement activities as assigned. Initiates, participates and
fosters interdisciplinary team to facilitate the best patient
experience and positive clinical outcome.QualificationsEducation
for Nurse Manager:
- Graduation from an accredited college or university
preferredExperience for Nurse Manager:
- A minimum of three (3) to five (5) years of experience as a
staff Registered Nurse in psychiatric mental health nursing is
required with an additional two (2) to three (3) years leadership
- Regulatory agency knowledge of The Joint Commission (TJC),
Agency for Healthcare Administration (AHCA), Department of Children
and Families (DCF), Centers for Medicare and Medicaid (CMS) and
experience preferred Licenses/Certifications for Nurse Manager:
- Must hold a current License as a Registered Nurse in the state
- Plans, coordinates, and supervises the delivery of nursing care
by licensed nurses and mental health technicians for assigned
nursing unit. Assigns responsibilities to nursing staff and unit
program staff, supervises the documentation within the medical
record by unit staff, and oversees the therapeutic environment of
- Provides service delivery through monitoring staffing and
scheduling, managing human resources and materials, and
communicating and collaborating with other departments, facilities,
patients, their families, or visitors.
- Provides direct supervision and directs service delivery at the
unit level. Motivates staff, guides problem identification and
solving, and facilitates constructive resolution of conflict.
Demonstrates knowledge of standards, regulatory agency
requirements, and Recovery Planning. Conducts unit level staff
meetings with a staff training component.
- Evaluates staff on assigned unit utilizing performance
evaluation tools. Generates reports relating to delivery of
healthcare. Collects data and formulates analyses and action
- Monitors, reports, and assists with resolution of safety
- Continues professional development through in-service
education, workshops, conferences and self-study necessary to
maintain current knowledge applicable to the position. Complies
with Human Resources requirements.
- Is sensitive to cultural diversity issues, treats patient as an
individual, and considers the culture of the patient when providing
care and treatment.
- Is knowledgeable about care and treatment needs of patients of
- Provides individualized care and treatment that is consistent
with/sensitive to the age and life span developmental needs of each
- Takes assertive action to build internal and external customer
- Promotes interdisciplinary team work, communication and
- Initiates and responds to change positively, recommends
creative solutions for improving organizational outcomes.
- Submits clear and concise reports in a timely manner.
- Provides ongoing support and ensures staff adheres to
organization's Code of Conduct.
- Must be able to apply principles of critical thinking to a
variety of practical and emergent situations and accurately follow
standardized procedures that may call for deviations.
- Must be able to apply sound judgment beyond a specific set of
instructions and apply knowledge to different factual
- Must be alert at all times; pay close attention to
- Must be able to work under stress on a regular or continuous
- Perform other duties as assigned.Wellpath is an
Keywords: Wellpath, Palmetto , Nursing Manager, Executive , Arcadia, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!