Company: Speedling Inc.
Location: Sun City Center
Posted on: August 7, 2022
Who We AreAt Speedling we are motivated by our customers' success.
We understand the vegetables in our greenhouses are the same
veggies at home on our table. We take pride in knowing the flowers
we grow will be seen in stores across the country. We understand
our EPS (Expanded Polystyrene) facility gives local fish farmers
the containers they need to ship their products across the country
and expand their business.Over 50 years of experience as an
industry leader gives us the knowledge and ability to provide for
our customers' ever-growing needs for high-quality transplants for
seeded vegetables, ornamentals, hemp, and vegetative propagated
products.Every day we look to improve, innovate, and achieve our
goal of providing quality products at the best possible price and
value for our customers.The agricultural industry is unique in its
camaraderie, the desire to see success across the industry - we
want to be a part of your success. At Speedling, we are here to
help you grow.This position is for you if:
- You have a passion for agriculture, and want to learn all
aspects of a thriving manufacturing business.
- You love the challenge of problem solving, collaborating, and
being the go-to resource for your customers as well as enjoy the
seasonal fluctuations of agricultural production.
- You are highly organized, and an excellent communicator.
- You have the ability to run/calibrate irrigation,
fertilizations, and spray equipment required to achieve desired
- You have strong managerial experience and be able to work and
lead a multitude of different personalities.
- You have a Bachelor's degree in Agronomy, Plant Science, or
Horticulture or minimum of 5 years experience in horticultural
production and a current pesticide license.
- Bilingual- English/Spanish a plus.Join our teamAs the
successful Grower Manager, you will be working closely with the
Farm Management Team along with the growing team. This role will be
responsible to grow horticultural-specialty crops, such as
ornamental plants, vegetable seedlings, and energy crops, under
environmentally controlled conditions and in outside growing areas,
applying knowledge of plant culture, environmental control, and
labor management to meet the consistent quality standards of each
customer. The job details
- Responsible for day to day production of top quality plants
within specifications that exceed customer expectations. This
includes pesticide application and schedules, irrigation, lighting,
fertilization, nutrition, monitoring, and overall health of
- Regulate environmental conditions to ensure optimum growth when
crop is grown inside greenhouse.
- Knowledge of raw materials, production processes, quality
control, cost management, and other techniques for maximizing the
effective manufacture and distribution of top quality plants.
- Meet plant quality requirements and produce plants on schedule,
control costs, and manage operations for continual improvements to
achieve increases in production efficiencies and crop quality.
- Motivate, develop, and direct people as they work, identifying
the best people for the job.
- Explain and demonstrate growing techniques and cultivation to
coworkers and subordinates.
- Hire workers, assign duties, and monitor activities to assure
adherence to established procedures.
- Ensure that accurate crop records are maintained for all crops
- Proactively alert proper staff of any potential issues or
concerns with equipment.
- Willingness to travel based on company needs.What we offerOur
employees are our #1 Asset! Speedling offers competitive salary,
mentoring with amazing people, medical, dental, company-paid life
insurance, pet insurance, 401(k) plan with a healthy company match,
paid vacation, and holidays.
Keywords: Speedling Inc., Palmetto , GROWER MANAGER, Executive , Sun City Center, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!