Psych Registered Nurse (RN) PRN Southwest Florida Home Care, Inc. - Venice, FL
Company: Southwest Florida Home Care, Inc.
Posted on: November 19, 2021
The registered nurse plans, organizes and directs home care
services and is experienced in nursing, with emphasis on community
health education/experience. The professional nurse builds from the
resources of the community to plan and direct services to meet the
needs of individuals and families within their homes and
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS/RESPONSIBILITIES
1. Completes an initial assessment of patient and family to
determine home care needs. Provides a complete physical assessment
and history of current and previous illness(es).
2. Regularly re-evaluates patient nursing needs.
3. Initiates the plan of care and makes necessary revisions as
patient status and needs change.
4. Uses health assessment data to determine nursing diagnosis.
5. Develops a care plan, which establishes goals based on nursing
diagnosis and incorporates therapeutic, preventive, and
rehabilitative nursing actions. Includes the patient and the family
in the planning process.
6. Initiates appropriate preventive and rehabilitative nursing
procedures. Administers medications and treatments as prescribed by
7. Counsels the patient and family in meeting nursing and related
8. Provides health care instructions to the patient as appropriate
per assessment and plan of care.
9. Identifies discharge planning needs as part of the care plan
development and implements prior to discharge of the patient.
10. Acts as Case Manager when assigned by Clinical Supervisor and
assumes responsibility to coordinate patient care for assigned
1. Prepares clinical notes and updates the primary physician when
necessary and at least every 60 days.
2. Communicates with the physician regarding the patient's needs
and reports any changes in the patient's condition;
obtains/receives physician's orders as required.
3. Communicates with community health related persons to coordinate
the care plan.
1. Participates in on-call duties as defined by the on-call
2. Ensures that arrangements for equipment and other necessary
items and services are available.
3. Instructs, supervises and evaluates home health aide care
provided every two (2) weeks.
1. Graduate of an accredited school of nursing. One (1) to two (2)
years of recent acute care experience in an institutional
2. Current licensure in state and CPR certification.
3. Bachelor's degree, with one (1) year of home health care
4. Management experience not required. Responsible for supervising
home health aides.
5. Excellent observation, verbal and written communication skills,
problem solving skills, basic math skills; nursing skills per
6. Prolonged or considerable walking or standing. Able to lift,
position or transfer patients. Able to lift supplies and equipment.
Considerable reaching, stooping, bending, kneeling or crouching.
Visual acuity and hearing to perform required nursing skills.
7. Must be a licensed driver with an automobile that is insured in
accordance with state/or organization requirements and is in good
Keywords: Southwest Florida Home Care, Inc., Palmetto , Psych Registered Nurse (RN) PRN Southwest Florida Home Care, Inc. - Venice, FL, Healthcare , Venice, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!