Nursing House Supervisor- Days - Venice, FL - House Supervisor
Company: ShorePoint Health
Posted on: January 10, 2022
Provides oversight for multiple hospital departments in the absence
of unit management. Addresses patient care, staffing, and any other
issues that may arise. Supervises nurses and staff and takes
administrative responsibilities. Leads and directs the work of
others. Bachelor's degree in nursing. At least 5-7 years of
experience. Licensure as a registered nurse (RN).Requirements:
- Florida RN License
- Having at least 5--years of critical care/progressive clinical
care experience in a hospital.
- Having at least 1 year of supervisory experience in a
- Current BLS , ACLS, PALS certificationsThe House Supervisor
coordinates patient care and patient placement in collaboration
with Nursing Leaders, Physicians, and Administrators.-- Excellent
clinical competency, judgment, organization and critical thinking,
and communication skills are necessary to:
- Act as liaison and facilitator for the process of patient
movement and bed assignment to the Bed Management department,
Emergency Transfer Center (ETC), nursing units and ancillary
- Be the resource person for routine hospital policies and
procedures, legal issues, patient rights and compliance with the
standards of regulatory and accrediting agencies.
- Function as a patient care expert by advising and directing
nursing personnel and appropriately responding in codes and other
- Serve as a clinical resources agent to nursing units and
ancillary departments for problem-solving.
- Coordinate staffing of hospital in conjunction with department
- Work with other divisions and outside agencies to provide
equipment or supplies not available in-house and facilitates the
procurement of medical supplies and/or equipment.
- Assist nursing personnel and family members in all
circumstances that surround the death of a patient; facilitate
arrangements for autopsies; determine appropriate referrals to the
Medical Examiner.At ShorePoint Health Venice, our 312-bed regional
health care system is the area's most comprehensive health care
provider. To ensure optimal patient outcomes and satisfaction, we
have grown to reflect the needs of our growing community.
Consistently recognized for excellence, we are proud of our
accomplishments, and strive to excel in all that we do. Our
recognition as one of the top 50 cardiovascular programs in the
country, outstanding general surgeons, and joint replacement
programs, truly reflect our vision to become "the health care
provider of choice". Our commitment to investing in the latest
technology, services and talent are what drives our success and
builds our future.--
Keywords: ShorePoint Health, Palmetto , Nursing House Supervisor- Days - Venice, FL - House Supervisor, Healthcare , Venice, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!