Surgical Scrub Tech Full Time
Posted on: May 11, 2022
Premier Surgery Center of Sarasota - has been serving the
-Sarasota area since 2008. We are a busy, multispecialty
-ambulatory surgery center, performing outpatient procedures in
ENT, Gastroenterology, Ophthalmology, Orthopedic, Plastic Surgery,
and -Podiatry. - -We are an affiliate of United Surgical Partners
International and our mission is to treat each patient and every
family as if they were our own. Each patient, each family, each and
every time. If you share our mission, please reach out to discuss
joining our team.
We are currently searching for a - Surgical Scrub Tech to join our
Job Summary: Anticipates the needs of the surgical team.
Establishes and maintains sterile field during surgical procedures
in the operating room. Reporting Relationship: Reports to Clinical
Director/Administrator Essential Job Duties and Responsibilities:
Include the following. Other duties may be assigned:
1. Ensures sterility of all supplies and instruments during set up
of surgical procedures.
2. Assists circulating nurse and surgical team in maintaining
3. Assists circulating nurse in gathering necessary surgical
supplies and equipment. Is responsible for doing sponge, needle,
and instrument count pre-operatively and intra-operative with the
4. Gowns and gloves surgeons and assistants.
5. Assists in keeping physician preference cards
6. Retains all specimens to be sent to pathology, confirming
source/name of specimen with surgeon.
7. Transports all surgical equipment to appropriate cleaning areas.
Assists in sterile supply with cleaning and reprocessing of
8. Interacts appropriately and effectively with all patients/others
regardless of age or ethnic background.
9. Uses Standard Universal Precautions, appropriate hand hygiene,
personal protective equipment, and safe practices to ensure
personal safety and a safe environment.
10. Assists with environmental hazard and infection control
surveillance and participates in emergency preparedness drills.
11. Follows all equipment and safety guidelines and is responsible
for knowledgeable use and care of equipment.
12. Serves as a resource to other members of the health care
13. Attends inservices, conferences, and meetings as required.
14. Communicates effectively and courteously with visitors,
physicians, and their office staffs, patients, and employees.
Maintains patient, physician, and employee privacy and
confidentiality per policy.
15. Maintains designated certifications such as CPR, as offered by
16. Acts in accordance with the vision, mission, and business
philosophy of the Center.
17. Complies with Policies and Procedures, and adheres to safety
guidelines to ensure a safe work and patient care environment.
Qualifications: To perform this job successfully, an individual
shall be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The
requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge,
skills, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be
made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the
USPI complies with federal, state, and/or local laws regarding
mandatory vaccination of its workforce. - If you are offered this
position and must be vaccinated under any applicable law, you will
be required to show proof of full vaccination or obtain an approval
of a religious or medical exemption prior to your start date. - If
you receive an exemption from the vaccination requirement, you will
be required to submit to regular testing in accordance with the
Education and/or Experience:
High School Diploma / GED; completion of a Scrub Technician
Two years experience as a Scrub Tech in multiple specialties or an
equivalent combination of education and experience.
Reasoning Ability: Able to apply common sense understanding to
carry out detailed written or oral instructions. Able to deal with
problems involving a few concrete variables in standardized
Other skills and abilities: General familiarity with medical
terminology as it pertains to anatomy and surgical procedures for
an operating room.
Employment practices will not be influenced or affected by an
applicant's or employee's race, color, religion, sex (including
pregnancy), national origin, age, disability, genetic information,
sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status
or any other legally protected status. Tenet will make reasonable
accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities unless
doing so would result in an undue hardship.
Keywords: USPI, Palmetto , Surgical Scrub Tech Full Time, Healthcare , Cortez, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!