Licensed Practical or Vocational Nurse - Arcadia, FL - LPN / LVN
Company: Florida Civil Commitment Center
Posted on: May 13, 2022
Licensed Practical or Vocational Nurse - Arcadia, FLWhy
Here at Wellpath, everything that we do is about taking care of
people - our patients, our staff and our partners. We are committed
to making a difference by providing hope and healing to vulnerable
patients in challenging clinical environments. Our talented,
compassionate team thrives in an autonomous environment, is
empowered and supported by education, training and the resources to
practice healthcare the way it is meant to be and strives to
"Always Do The Right Thing!"
About this role
Our Licensed Practical Nurse assists with the provision of
comprehensive psychiatric and medical care within the scope of
their practice and under the supervision of a Registered Nurse. The
Licensed Practical Nurse makes and receives assignments, sets
priorities and participates in program services as assigned.
What you bring to the table
Education--for Licensed Practical Nurse:
- Graduate from an accredited nursing school
Experience--for Licensed Practical Nurse:
- One (1)--year of experience in an acute care and/or forensic
Licenses/Certifications--for Licensed Practical Nurse:
- Must hold a current, unrestricted nursing license in the state
of practice or qualify for licensing through reciprocity
arrangements with other states
What you will do
- Assists in providing comprehensive nursing care services
including; treatment, recovery plan development, implementation of
the plan of care and evaluation of the effectiveness of nursing
- Demonstrates thorough understanding of all requirements,
practice standards and regulatory requirements relating to the
administration of medications, hospital policy and procedures,
documentation requirements, medication education.
- Responsible for the safe transport and administration of both
controlled and non-controlled medications to patients.
- Demonstrates thorough knowledge and therapeutic intervention
skills based on knowledge of psychiatric mental health disorders;
human growth and development, principles of psychiatric
rehabilitation (recovery model), providing care within scope of
- Demonstrates thorough knowledge of all applicable nursing
services and related policy and procedures including adequate
knowledge of--accreditation standards as related to position.
Proper utilization of medical equipment including glucometer.
- Continues professional development through in-service
education, workshops, conferences and self-study necessary to
maintain current knowledge applicable to the position. Compliance
in all mandatory Human Resources requirements.
- Is sensitive to cultural diversity issues, treats patient as an
individual, and considers the culture of the patient when providing
care and treatment.
- Is knowledgeable about care and treatment needs of patients of
different ages. Provides individualized care and treatment that is
consistent with/sensitive to the age and life span developmental
needs of each patient.
- Must be able to apply principles of critical thinking to a
variety of practical and emergent situations and accurately follow
standardized procedures that may call for deviations.
- Must be able to apply sound judgment beyond a specific set of
instructions and apply knowledge to different factual
- Must be alert at all times; pay close attention to
- Must be able to work under stress on a regular or continuous
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Wellpath is an EOE/Minorities/Females/Vet/Disability Employer
Our investment in you
- Medical, Dental and Vision Insurance plan options
- Time off & leave benefits
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Parental benefits
- Perks and discounts
- And more available here
Keywords: Florida Civil Commitment Center, Palmetto , Licensed Practical or Vocational Nurse - Arcadia, FL - LPN / LVN, Healthcare , Arcadia, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!