Preop Nurse - Preoperative
Posted on: May 16, 2022
Do you have the career opportunities as a(an) Preop Nurse you want
in your current role? We invest in what matters most to nurses like
you - at home, at work, and at every stage in your career. We have
an exciting opportunity for you to join Surgery Center at St.
Andrews which is a part of the nation's leading provider of
healthcare services, HCA Healthcare.
We are committed to providing benefits that matter to nurses. At
Surgery Center at St. Andrews, our benefits package offers eligible
colleagues an attractive benefit package that includes medical,
wellbeing, dental and vision benefits along with some unique
* Medical, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance and Flexible Spending
* Paid Time Off (PTO) and Personal Leave
* 401K (100% annual match - 3% to 9% of pay based on years of
* Academic Assistance and Reimbursements for Tuition and Student
* Employee Discounts including Tickets, Retail, Mental Health Apps,
Education Apps, Identity Theft Protection etc.
* Home, Auto, and Pet Insurance
* Employee Stock Purchase Program (ESPP)
* Short Term & Long Term Disability coverage
* Adoption Assistance
* Legal Benefits and lots more!
Learn more about Employee Benefits
Do you want to work where you have a voice? Nurses are at the
forefront of our commitment to the care and improvement of human
life. At HCA Healthcare, there are many ways for nurses to have a
voice through professional practice councils, advisory councils,
vital voices surveys, and units of distinction. We learn from our
multi-generational nursing family. We partner with our Nurses at
Surgery Center at St. Andrews!
Job Summary and Qualifications
Join our team as a Preoperative Nurse in our ambulatory surgery
center. You will be responsible for planning, executing, and
evaluating the nursing care rendered preoperatively for your
patients. As a valued addition to our company, you will exhibit the
values of HCA as a whole, as well as your individual center,
providing quality care like family.
What you will do in this role:
* Prepare your patients' care area adequately before case
* Ensure availability of necessary equipment and supplies for your
* Conduct complete physical and psychological assessment and
evaluation of your patients' history and diagnostic tests
* Review your patients' charts for completeness prior to
* Administer pre-operative medications and intravenous therapy as
* Monitor your patients until transferred to the OR
* Qualifications you will need:
* Graduate from an accredited school of professional nursing
* Minimum 2 years of experience in a PACU or ICU setting;
preferably in an ambulatory surgery center
* Active RN license as required by state of employment
* Required valid BCLS Certification upon employment. *online
certification not acceptable
* ACLS required
Surgery Center at St. Andrews is located in St. Andrews, Florida.
Our AAAHC accredited facility is a member of the HCA Healthcare
Ambulatory Surgery Division. We have been voted "Best of Venice" 4
years consecutively. We serve the residents of Sarasota County and
surrounding areas. Our center performs over 400 procedures an
month. Services in the following surgical areas: Cosmetic, ENT, GI,
Ophthalmology, Orthopedics, Podiatry, Urology, and General
surgeries are available.
HCA Healthcare has been recognized as one of the World's Most
Ethical Companies-- by the Ethisphere Institute more than ten
times. In recent years, HCA Healthcare spent an estimated $3.7
billion in cost for the delivery of charitable care, uninsured
discounts, and other uncompensated expenses.
"Bricks and mortar do not make a hospital. People do."- Dr. Thomas
HCA Healthcare Co-Founder
If this opportunity is your next step in your career path, we
encourage you to apply for our Preop Nurse opening. We review all
applications. Qualified candidates will be contacted by a member of
our team. We are interviewing apply today!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our
company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion,
color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital
status, veteran status, or disability status.
Keywords: HCA, Palmetto , Preop Nurse - Preoperative, Healthcare , Venice, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!