REHABILITATION TECHNICIAN - BLIND - (Blind Services)
Posted on: June 14, 2022
REHABILITATION TECHNICIAN - BLIND - 48007138 (Blind Services)
Date: May 27, 2022 Location: PALMETTO, FL, US, 34221 The State
Personnel System is an E-Verify employer. For more information
click on our E-Verify Website
.Requisition No: 563981 Agency: Department of EducationWorking
Title: REHABILITATION TECHNICIAN - BLIND - 48007138 (Blind
Services)Position Number: 48007138 Salary: $27,040.00 Annually
Posting Closing Date: 10/12/2022 DIVISION OF BLIND
SERVICESLOCATION: PALMETTO (MANATEE COUNTY)SUCCESSFUL COMPLETION OF
A LEVEL 2 BACKGROUND SCREENING IS A CONDITION OF
EMPLOYMENT.CANDIDATES ARE TYPICALLY HIRED AT THE MINIMUM SALARY.
ALL EMPLOYMENT GAPS MUST BE EXPLAINED AND INCLUDED WITH WORK
HISTORY WHEN APPLYING. Open Until Filled Job Description: This
position serves as a Rehabilitation Technician in the Division of
Blind Services District 09 Office, located in Palmetto, Florida.
This position is responsible for providing intake services and case
management for blind and visually impaired consumers of the
Division of Blind Services. Intake services include gathering eye
medical data for the purpose of eligibility determination by the
Human Services Program Consultant (Employment Program
Counselor).Examples of Work:
- Conduct client intake.
- Assess client resources.
- Perform job placement and job development activities for
- Perform follow-up and maintains client contact through
telephone calls and home visits.
- Interview, counsel and evaluate clients to determine individual
therapeutic activity needs.
- Consult with other professionals and team members concerning
- Prepare reports on clients progress and their reactions to
- Evaluate rehabilitation therapy programs and make
recommendations for adjustments and revisions.
- Conduct in-depth interviews with a diverse group of blind and
visually impaired clients to determine their eligibility for
rehabilitation services and the feasibility for achieving a
vocational independent living or educational goal.
- Determine existing problems and evaluates individual needs for
achieving independence in daily living, in acquiring communication
skills and/or obtaining suitable employment.
- Develop community contacts for employment opportunities,
similar benefits and socialization.
- Assist in the establishment of policies, standards, rules,
regulations and guidelines for program planning.Minimum
- A bachelor's degree from an accredited college or
- A high school diploma or its equivalent and professional or
nonprofessional experience in a public vocational rehabilitation
program can substitute on a year-for-year basis for the required
college education.Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Knowledge of medical and psychological aspects of
- Knowledge of community resources.
- Knowledge of employment program process.
- Knowledge of employment program policies and procedures.
- Knowledge of office procedures.
- Knowledge of the medical aspects of rehabilitation.
- Knowledge of employment program purchasing and accounting
- Knowledge of basic data operations and terminology.
- Skill in operation of general office equipment.
- Ability to operate a computer terminal.
- Ability to make decisions and to work independently.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working
relationships with others.
- Ability to maintain records.
- Ability to compose correspondence without specific
- Ability to communicate effectively.
- Ability to plan, organize and coordinate work.To be considered
for a position with the Division of Blind Services:
- Allfields in the candidate profile must be completed.
- Work history, hours worked, and formal education fields must be
filled out to determine qualifications for this position. Putting
"see resume" does not substitute for completing all sections of the
- Responses to qualifying questions must be verifiable in the
candidate profile. Not all applicants will be interviewed.
Preference will be given for qualifying veterans, employees in
layoff status and qualified candidates based on a review of their
overall scores, KSAs, primary and supplemental applications, as
well as completion of any required work samples, willingness
questionnaires, and behavioral/personality/skills tests, and
interview responses, as applicable. References and file reviews
from previous employment will be verified to determine
- Resumes and other documentation can be attached to provide
- Individuals lacking the ability to competently do the job and
those who are unable to positively contribute to a productive team
environment, need not apply.
- The successful candidate must be able to pass a Level II
- Allprevious periods of employment must be listed and accounted
for. The Florida Division of Blind Services is committed to
increasing recruitment and hiring of Veterans and individuals with
disabilities and improving employment outcomes. The State of
Florida is an Equal Opportunity Employer/Affirmative Action
Employer, and does not tolerate discrimination or violence in the
workplace.Candidates requiring a reasonable accommodation, as
defined by the Americans with Disabilities Act, must notify the
agency hiring authority and/or People First Service Center
(1-866-663-4735). Notification to the hiring authority must be made
in advance to allow sufficient time to provide the
accommodation.The State of Florida supports a Drug-Free workplace.
All employees are subject to reasonable suspicion drug testing in
accordance with Section 112.0455, F.S., Drug-Free Workplace
Act.VETERANS PREFERENCE. Pursuant to Chapter 295, Florida Statutes,
candidates eligible for Veterans Preference will receive preference
in employment for Career Service vacancies and are encouraged to
apply. Certain service members may be eligible to receive waivers
for postsecondary educational requirements. Candidates claiming
Veterans Preference must attach supporting documentation with each
submission that includes character of service (for example, DD Form
214 Member Copy #4) along with any other documentation as required
by Rule 55A-7, Florida Administrative Code. Veterans Preference
documentation requirements are available by clickinghere
(http://www.dms.myflorida.com/content/download/97612/566545) . All
documentation is due by the close of the vacancy announcement.
Nearest Major Market:SarasotaNearest Secondary Market:Tampa
Keywords: MyFlorida, Palmetto , REHABILITATION TECHNICIAN - BLIND - (Blind Services), Healthcare , Palmetto, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!