Licensed Practical or Vocational Nurse
Posted on: July 31, 2022
Here at Wellpath, everything that we do is about taking care of
people - our patients, our staff and our partners. We are committed
to making a difference by providing hope and healing to vulnerable
patients in challenging clinical environments. Our talented,
compassionate team thrives in an autonomous environment, is
empowered and supported by education, training and the resources to
practice healthcare the way it is meant to be and strives to
"Always Do The Right Thing!"OverviewOur Licensed Practical Nurse
assists with the provision of comprehensive psychiatric and medical
care within the scope of their practice and under the supervision
of a Registered Nurse. The Licensed Practical Nurse makes and
receives assignments, sets priorities and participates in program
services as assigned.QualificationsEducation for Licensed Practical
- Graduate from an accredited nursing schoolExperience for
Licensed Practical Nurse:
- One (1) year of experience in an acute care and/or forensic
setting preferredLicenses/Certifications for Licensed Practical
- Must hold a current, unrestricted nursing license in the state
of practice or qualify for licensing through reciprocity
arrangements with other statesResponsibilities
- Assists in providing comprehensive nursing care services
including; treatment, recovery plan development, implementation of
the plan of care and evaluation of the effectiveness of nursing
- Demonstrates thorough understanding of all requirements,
practice standards and regulatory requirements relating to the
administration of medications, hospital policy and procedures,
documentation requirements, medication education.
- Responsible for the safe transport and administration of both
controlled and non-controlled medications to patients.
- Demonstrates thorough knowledge and therapeutic intervention
skills based on knowledge of psychiatric mental health disorders;
human growth and development, principles of psychiatric
rehabilitation (recovery model), providing care within scope of
- Demonstrates thorough knowledge of all applicable nursing
services and related policy and procedures including adequate
knowledge of accreditation standards as related to position. Proper
utilization of medical equipment including glucometer.
- Continues professional development through in-service
education, workshops, conferences and self-study necessary to
maintain current knowledge applicable to the position. Compliance
in all mandatory Human Resources requirements.
- Is sensitive to cultural diversity issues, treats patient as an
individual, and considers the culture of the patient when providing
care and treatment.
- Is knowledgeable about care and treatment needs of patients of
different ages. Provides individualized care and treatment that is
consistent with/sensitive to the age and life span developmental
needs of each patient.
- Must be able to apply principles of critical thinking to a
variety of practical and emergent situations and accurately follow
standardized procedures that may call for deviations.
- Must be able to apply sound judgment beyond a specific set of
instructions and apply knowledge to different factual
- Must be alert at all times; pay close attention to
- Must be able to work under stress on a regular or continuous
- Perform other duties as assigned.Wellpath is an
Keywords: Wellpath, Palmetto , Licensed Practical or Vocational Nurse, Healthcare , Arcadia, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!