Registered Nurse (RN) - ED - Emergency Department - $32-41 per hour
Company: HCA Florida Healthcare
Location: Sun City Center
Posted on: March 20, 2023
HCA Florida Healthcare is seeking a Registered Nurse (RN) ED -
Emergency Department for a nursing job in Sun City Center,
Florida.Job Description & Requirements
- Specialty: ED - Emergency Department
- Discipline: RN
- Start Date: ASAP
- Duration: Ongoing
- Shift: evenings, flexible
- Employment Type: PermanentShift: Evenings (Rotating
Weekends)Description IntroductionAre you looking for a place to
deliver excellent care patients deserve? At HCA Florida South Shore
Hospital we support our colleagues in their positions. Join our
Team as a(an) RN ED and access programs to assist with every stage
of your career.Sign on Bonus availableBenefitsHCA Florida South
Shore Hospital, offers a total rewards package that supports the
health, life, career and retirement of our colleagues. The
available plans and programs include:
- Comprehensive medical coverage that covers many common services
at no cost or for a low copay. Plans include prescription drug and
behavioral health coverage as well as free telemedicine services
and free AirMed medical transportation.
- Additional options for dental and vision benefits, life and
disability coverage, flexible spending accounts, supplemental
health protection plans (accident, critical illness, hospital
indemnity), auto and home insurance, identity theft protection,
legal counseling, long-term care coverage, moving assistance, pet
insurance and more.
- Free counseling services and resources for emotional, physical
and financial wellbeing
- 401(k) Plan with a 100% match on 3% to 9% of pay (based on
years of service)
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan with 10% off HCA Healthcare
- Family support through fertility and family building benefits
with Progyny and adoption assistance.
- Referral services for child, elder and pet care, home and auto
repair, event planning and more
- Consumer discounts through Abenity and Consumer Discounts
- Retirement readiness, rollover assistance services and
preferred banking partnerships
- Education assistance (tuition, student loan, certification
support, dependent scholarships)
- Colleague recognition program
- Time Away From Work Program (paid time off, paid family leave,
long- and short-term disability coverage and leaves of
- Employee Health Assistance Fund that offers free employee-only
coverage to full-time and part-time colleagues based on
income.Learn more about Employee BenefitsNote: Eligibility for
benefits may vary by location.
Are you a continuous learner? With more than 94,000 nurses
throughout HCA Healthcare, we are one of the largest employers of
nurses in the United States. Education is key to excellence! As a
majority owner of Galen College of Nursing, which joins Research
College of Nursing and Mercy School of Nursing as educational
facilities within the HCA Healthcare family, we make it easier and
more affordable to gain certifications and job skills. Apply today
for our RN ED opening and continue to learn!Job Summary and
QualificationsWe are seeking an ER Registered Nursefor our dynamic
Emergency Department. You will provide clinical expertise to ensure
all patients receive high quality, efficient care in a fast-paced,
high-acuity environment. We are an amazing team that works hard to
support each other and are seeking a phenomenal addition like you
who feels patient care is as meaningful as we do. We want you to
apply now.What you will do in this role:
- You will manage efficient flow of patients including triage,
screening, preparation for exam, providing general nursing care,
and arranging or testing and admissions.
- You will instruct patients and families regarding medications
and treatment instructions.
- You will maintain and review patients' records including
posting tests and examination results.
- You will administer medications in accordance with physician
- Must be licensed as a Florida Registered Nurse in accordance
with state regulations or appropriate compact licensure. If compact
license held, active FL RN license required within 90 days of
- Nursing Diploma or ASN required; BSN preferred.
- Previous experience in an acute care setting strongly
- Current American Heart Association BLS (Basic Life Support)
- American Heart Association ACLS (Advanced Cardiac Life Support)
certification required within 6 months of hire/transfer.
- American Heart Association PALS (Pediatric Advanced Life
Support) and/or ENPC (Emergency Nurse Pediatric Course)
certifications required within 6 months of hire/transfer.
- Current NIHSS (National Institute of Health Stroke Scale)
certification required within 6 months of hire/transfer.
- Critical thinking, service excellence and good interpersonal
communication skills, ability to read/comprehend written
instructions, ability to follow verbal instructions, PC skillsThis
role requires you to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 based on
local, state and /or federal law or regulations (unless a medical
or religious exemption is approved).HCA Florida South Shore
Hospital is a 138 bed community hospital. We provide care to the
residents of Hillsborough and Manatee County. We have been
recognized by the Joint Commission for heart failure, sepsis,
stroke and total hip and knee. We have an American College of
Radiology accreditation in CT, mammography, MRI, nuclear medicine
and ultrasound. We received the Healthgrades top 10% in the nation
for patient safety. We are a five star recipient for gallbladder
removal and small intestine surgeries. Also for hip fracture
treatment and pacemaker procedures. We have 24-hour emergency
services, cardiology, general surgery and orthopedics. We provide
advanced medical services. We have experienced healthcare providers
and a dedicated care team. HCA Florida South Shore Hospital was
named a top workplace in Tampa Bay for the fourth year in a row.HCA
Healthcare has been recognized as one of the World's Most Ethical
Companies-- by the Ethisphere Institute more than ten times. In
recent years, HCA Healthcare spent an estimated $3.7 billion in
cost for the delivery of charitable care, uninsured discounts, and
other uncompensated expenses. "Good people beget good people."- Dr.
Thomas Frist, Sr.
HCA Healthcare Co-Founder If growth and continued learning is
important to you, we encourage you to apply for our RN ED opening.
Our team will promptly review your application. Highly qualified
candidates will be contacted for interviews. Unlock the
possibilities apply today!We are an equal opportunity employer and
value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis
of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual
orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability
status.HCA Florida Healthcare Job ID #1-INFOR-774805. Posted job
title: RN EDBenefits
- Health Care FSA
- Dependent Care FSA
- Medical benefits
- Dental benefits
- Vision benefits
- Continuing Education
- 401k retirement plan
Keywords: HCA Florida Healthcare, Palmetto , Registered Nurse (RN) - ED - Emergency Department - $32-41 per hour, Healthcare , Sun City Center, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...