Human Resources (HR) Generalist
Company: Southern Healthcare Management
Posted on: March 9, 2023
The Human Resource Generalist is responsible for performing HR-related duties on a professional level and works closely with senior HR management in supporting designated geographic regions. This position carries out responsibilities in the following functional areas: benefits administration, employee relations, training, onboarding, policy implementation, recruitment/employment, data and record-management and payroll.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Processes payroll documents for all employees at assigned facility in accordance with company policy and procedures.
- Processes new employee requisite forms necessary to set up payroll and tax withholding records.
- Manages employees understanding and enrollment in company's benefits programs.
- Analyzes payroll related statistics and reports exceptions to administrator and the payroll department..
- Confidentially maintains employee records. (i.e. personnel, medical, I-9, etc.)
- May serve as facility HIPAA officer.
- May serve as the Facility Worker's Compensation Coordinator.
- May serve as the Facility Risk Manager
- Conducts new hire orientation and maintains accurate training and development documentation in accordance with company policies and procedures.
- May be required to assist in maintaining OSHA and Workers' Compensation tracking/trending and reporting tools.
- Handles employee relations issues and directs all unresolved employee complaints and concerns to the corporate Human Resources Department per the EDR Program and/or the compliance hotline.
- Manages unemployment claims and participates in the unemployment hearings as required.
- Manages Facility recruitment and employee retention efforts including posting positions, scheduling background checks, interviewing candidates, and conducting reference checks.
- Participates in daily staff meetings as required.
- Implement and manage employee reward and recognition programs.
- Assist with any state or federal audit and/or investigation applicable to HR/Payroll.
- Using a PC, may generate correspondence, statistical data, special reports, etc.
- Associates degree or equivalent preferred.
- Proficient in the use of a personal computer.
- Previous payroll/HR experience, preferably with UltiPro and/or Kronos.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND ENVIRONMENT
Working in normal office environment, employee may be required to sit, bend, stoop, and use keyboard. May occasionally lift objects of 10 to 25 lbs. In compliance with applicable law, reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the position.
OTHER REQUIREMENTS Participates in (or conducts) company-sponsored training to safeguard against improper use and disclosure of resident's protected health information. Monitors and ensures compliance with company policies, procedures and state and federal law. Agrees to adhere to and oversee communication of privacy guidelines relative to the confidentiality of residents' protected health information.
Keywords: Southern Healthcare Management, Palmetto , Human Resources (HR) Generalist, Human Resources , Palmetto, Florida
here to apply!