Donor Database Specialist
Company: YMCA OF SOUTHWEST FLORIDA
Posted on: March 16, 2023
Position Summary:Under the direction of the Vice President of
Development and in collaboration with the Development Team, the
Database Specialist is responsible for the performance, integrity,
and security of YMCA of Southwest Florida donor database. This
position is an essential team member utilizing our financial
software and accompanying donor data to enhance the fundraising
success and donor relationship abilities of YMCA of Southwest
- Manages Financial Development CRM system/donor database,
including maintenance, gift entry and reporting.
- Work closely with Finance team to ensure imported data is
- Processes all donations accurately and in a timely manner.
Enters data in Financial Development donor database and updates
Excel spreadsheets, preparing funds for deposit and transmits to
all other programs to ensure accurate donor records. Collaborates
with finance department personnel to reconcile accounts and create
timely development reports.
- Generates timely gift acknowledgement letters for the
signatures of President and CEO or other organizational
- Oversees the development of the training manual to guide and
educate various donor database users to improve the flow of
information, processing, and overall database efficiency.
- Provide support for the special events and other development
events/needs as assigned.
- Conduct preliminary research on prospective donors.
- Create monthly report updating Annual Giving.
- Coordinate productions and mailings for annual campaign and any
other direct mailing campaigns.
- Assist with the collection of grant data including follow-up
with Executive Director's on grant reports and data
- Follow-up with donors and volunteers as necessary.
- Upload and prepare bidding software for all events.
- Assist with coordination of event night.
- Maintain auction item lists for events.
- Other duties as assigned.Work Environment & Physical Demands:
- The physical demands described here are representative of those
that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the
essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be
made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is
regularly required to use a computer for extended periods of time
and be able to communicate using a computer and phone/smart device.
The employee frequently is required to sit and reach and must be
able to move around the work environment.
- The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 10
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close
vision, distance vision, and the ability to adjust.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
- Associates degree, or equivalent experience, is preferred.
- A minimum of three years of administrative/database related
experience, preferably in a development office.
- Proficient in using email, internet, and other PC-based
applications with the ability to learn and adapt to new
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills,
particularly the ability to read, analyze, write, and edit reports
according to prescribed style/format.
- Ability to meet deadlines, as well as the ability to collect
data, establish facts and draw valid conclusions, reason, and solve
- Ability to present information and respond to questions, both
verbally and in writing, concisely and effectively with managers
- Ability to work independently.
- Able to maintain confidentiality. Certifications & Trainings:
- CPR and First Aid Certifications preferred.
- Completion of YMCA's Blood Borne Pathogens training
- Completion of YMCA's Child Sexual Abuse Prevention Class
- Additional training classes as recommended by Supervisor.YMCA
of Southwest Florida has reviewed this job description to ensure
that essential functions and basic duties have been included. It is
intended to provide guidelines for job expectations and the
employee's ability to perform the position described. It is not
intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all functions,
responsibilities, skills, and abilities. Additional functions and
requirements may be assigned by supervisors as deemed appropriate.
This document does not represent a contract of employment, and YMCA
of Southwest Florida reserves the right to change this job
description and/or assign tasks for the employee to perform, as
YMCA of Southwest Florida may deem appropriate.PI203589638
Keywords: YMCA OF SOUTHWEST FLORIDA, Palmetto , Donor Database Specialist, IT / Software / Systems , Venice, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...