Posted on: October 13, 2021
Here at Wellpath, everything that we do is about taking care of
people - our patients, our staff and our partners. We are committed
to making a difference by providing hope and healing to vulnerable
patients in challenging clinical environments. Our talented,
compassionate team thrives in an autonomous environment, is
empowered and supported by education, training and the resources to
practice healthcare the way it is meant to be and strives to
"Always Do The Right Thing!"
Our Recreation Specialist provides therapeutic recreation
activities to all residents.
- Bachelor's degree in recreational therapy, recreation
administration, or a related field.
- Demonstrated experience as a recreational provider
- Knowledge of the principles and practices of recreational and
therapeutic activity programs.
- Ability to plan, organize, direct, and participate in
recreational and leisure activities, including the preparation, set
up, and maintenance of equipment and materials used in recreational
- Appreciation of the need for and ability to maintain
appropriate personal boundaries in working with sexual offender
- Ability to form and maintain good working relationships with a
diverse staff and a commitment to enhancing cultural
- Ability to work with computers and the necessary software
typically used by the department.
- Provides recreation services and therapeutic activities through
group programming to attain or maintain the highest practical level
of resident's physical, mental, and psycho-social wellbeing as
assigned, in accordance with established performance
- Completes interviews/assessments on all assigned residents upon
admission, or as directed, to determine individual needs and
preferences with regard to recreational capabilities and
- Participates as a member of assigned treatment team in order to
integrate leisure activities and recreational services as part of
the total resident treatment plan. As member of the treatment team,
provides input on resident participation in therapeutic recreation
activities at resident staffing and case conferences.
- Maintains documentation that reflects services provided and
resident progress toward specific goals and objectives, using
established formats, within established time frames.
- Develops and maintains scheduled recreation programming that
reflects the assessed resident progress towards specific goals and
objectives. Performs department-specific tasks to accomplish this
objective as directed.
- Coordinates scheduling and manage referrals of residents to
assigned therapeutic recreation groups and activities.
- Attends and participate in administrative meetings, department
or facility sponsored training, case conferences and presentations
and staff development activities.
- Complies with all laws, rules and regulations formulated by the
facility, company, state, and/or customer.
- Must be able to apply principles of critical thinking to a
variety of practical and emergent situations and accurately follow
standardized procedures that may call for deviations.
- Must be able to apply sound judgment beyond a specific set of
instructions and apply knowledge to different factual
- Must be alert at all times; pay close attention to
- Must be able to work under stress on a regular or continuous
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Wellpath is an EOE/Minorities/Females/Vet/Disability Employer
Keywords: Wellpath, Palmetto , Recreation Specialist, Other , Arcadia, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!