Residential Treatment Assistant (FCCC)
Posted on: May 10, 2022
Here at Wellpath, everything that we do is about taking care of
people - our patients, our staff and our partners. We are committed
to making a difference by providing hope and healing to vulnerable
patients in challenging clinical environments. Our talented,
compassionate team thrives in an autonomous environment, is
empowered and supported by education, training and the resources to
practice healthcare the way it is meant to be and strives to
"Always Do The Right Thing!"OverviewThe Residential Treatment
Assistant provides front line support to residents in the living
units by continuously monitoring resident and unit activities.
Serves as a member of the treatment team while assuring a
therapeutic milieu and safety of the living unit.Additional
DetailsSign on Bonus!QualificationsEducation:
- High School Diploma, GED or equivalent required
- Bachelor's Degree in psychology, social work or criminal
justice field preferredExperience:
- Direct care experience in a mental health or forensic mental
facility, security residence or correctional facility
- Healthcare, mental health or human services experience a
- Healthcare, mental health or human services license or
certification a plus.Responsibilities
- Assists the Clinical Team Leader, Clinical Therapists and
Psychologists in implementing the resident Integrated Care
- Promotes a therapeutic milieu on living units.
- Assists the Educational and Vocational Instructors and
Recreation Specialists with implementing unit based
- Attends behavior committee meetings and 180-day Integrated Care
Plan reviews for each resident on the unit.
- Participates in regular living unit group meetings with all
- Assists the Unit Manager by maintaining a therapeutic
environment and safety of the living unit and day rooms for
residents and staff by enforcing policies and procedures, and
conducting safety and security inspections.
- Continually observes resident behavior for safety or clinical
- Intervenes and mediates in the settlement of discusses and
altercations of residents on the living units.
- Takes necessary corrective action to deescalate or halt adverse
resident behavior including physical restraint of violent
- Performs routine searches of resident living areas to identify
and remove contraband.
- Records and documents resident behavior related to security,
safety and treatment of residents. Records information in logs,
reports or charts pertaining to daily resident activity and
behavior. Prepares various reports on unit activities.
- Conducts accurate living unit counts at assigned times each day
and reports the actual number of residents on the living unit to
- Maintains movement logs of every resident on the unit and the
destination of every resident that moves off the unit. Monitors
routine resident movement into and out of the housing unit to
maintain resident accountability.
- Requires ability to observe resident behavior and ability to
report unusual occurrences.
- Requires ability to understand and implement rules, regulations
and policies of the facility and the contract requirements of the
- Requires ability to accurately convey observations in writing
in various reports and the resident clinical chart.
- Requires successful completion of agency pre-service and annual
- Ability to write and verbally communicate.
- Displays high standards of ethical conduct. Exhibits honesty
and integrity while refraining from theft-related, dishonest or
- Displays a high level of initiative, effort and commitment
towards completing assignments efficiently. Works with minimum
supervision, demonstrates responsible behavior and attention to
- Ability to use computers and associated software used by the
- Willingness and ability to regularly work evenings, nights and
- Perform other duties as assigned.Wellpath is an
Keywords: Wellpath, Palmetto , Residential Treatment Assistant (FCCC), Other , Arcadia, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!