Academic Success Coordinator
Company: Boys & Girls Club Of Manatee
Posted on: May 16, 2022
Job DescriptionAcademic Success CoordinatorPrimary
Function:Possesses a deep understanding of educational leadership,
youth development theory and subject-matter expertise. The Academic
Success Coordinator is a key member of the Academic Success team
that will serve as a liaison with the Manatee County School
District and corporate partners. The individual will be responsible
for organization-wide educational programs and strategies for Boys
& Girls Club locations in Manatee County. The Academic Success
Coordinator will deliver on innovative thinking and
business-changing recommendations that will form the core of our
youth development and social impact work. Must be able to build and
manage relationships to represent the interests of Boys & Girls
Clubs of Manatee County externally and partner with internal
departments. This person must have a proven background as a content
area expert, program portfolio manager and/or program design
leader. He/she must be able to lead in the analysis and translation
of research findings to drive the organizational learning and
PRIMARY RESPONSIBILITIES AND ACTIVITIES: (not all-inclusive)
- Knowledge and understanding of the Florida State Standards for
grades K – 12.
- Align Boys & Girls Club programs to Manatee County School
- Create and implement educational expectations that are
academically, intellectually and personally challenging with a
focus on reading.
- Create and administer cognitive assessments and create
individualized programs based on the needs of the members.
- Analyze assessment data, FSA scores, Optimal Club Experience
trends, and student success metrics.
- Provide training and support to staff, tutors and volunteers to
include classroom management and program implementation.
- Meet regularly with parents to build professional
- Maintain and provide updates on the progress of students to
their parents or guardians.
- Meet regularly with teachers and other educational
organizations to support Boys & Girls Club programs and build
- Work closely with the Vice President of Program Services to
maintain the budget of the educational programs.
- The individual will increase organizational performance in the
- Increase the % of all elementary age youth who are reading
proficient, with an emphasis on 3rd grade.
- Increase the % of youth who progress to the next grade
- Increase the % of Club Members who maintain or increase their
- Decrease the % of Club members who experience summer learning
loss POSITION REQUIREMENTS: (not all inclusive)
- This position is Full Time. NON-EXEMPT
- Bachelor's Degree in Education from an accredited college or
- A minimum of five years' work experience in public schools,
Boys & Girls Club or similar organization with relevant
- A strong passion for and commitment to improving the lives of
- Strong proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, and
- Must be able to design and manage complex spreadsheets to track
Club and staff deliverables
- Exceptional communication skills, both oral and written
- Self-disciplined, takes initiative, remains focused in the face
- Track record of inspiring, engaging and supporting others to
deliver superior results
- Proven ability to work with efficiency, flexibility and good
- Proven ability to exercise tact and diplomacy in diverse
- Demonstrates a relentless commitment to excellence in all
- Demonstrated ability to organize, direct, plan and coordinate
large scale operations and logistics
- Proven ability to establish and maintain effective working
relationships with a diverse group of internal and external
- Team player with strong interpersonal skills
- Exhibits strong attention to detail and accuracy
- Ability to quickly learn new data systems and processes
- Demonstrate a high degree of professionalism and integrity
- Certifications and credentials in respective skill-based
activity highly preferred
- CPR and First Aid Certifications preferred
- Valid State Driver's License.
- Must pass pre-employment background check and drug test
- Experience and ability in creating interactive and educational
- Ability to motivate youth and manage behavior problems
- Ability to plan and implement quality educational programs for
- Ability to organize and supervise members in a safe
- Must be comfortable performing multi-faceted projects in
conjunction with day-to-day activities. General BGCMC Expectations:
- Healthy Behavior Modeling – Teaching youth/teens the importance
of living an active, healthy lifestyle is a BGCMC priority. As a
result, all staff is expected to model healthy behavior while
working with our members.
- Inclusive Environment – BGCMC values creating child-friendly
environments, where youth/teens of all backgrounds can be
successful and participate. BGCMC expects employees to embrace and
support DEAI (Diversity, Equity, Accessibility and Inclusion) of
all members and colleagues.
- Continuous Learning – Building the capacity of staff is central
to BGCMC. The organization encourages and requires that all staff
participates in annual professional development opportunities that
continue to cultivate their skills in the youth development
- Safe Spaces – Every staff member shares the responsibility for
ensuring BGCMC is, and remains, an environment free of sexual,
physical, or emotional abuse.POSITION QUALIFICATIONS:
- Required to stand, walk, and sit. Able to use hands and fingers
on a (computer) keyboard and other office equipment.
- May be required to lift or move up to 40 pounds during a
standard 4 or 8 hour shift.
- Specific vision abilities required by the job include close
vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, and depth
- The noise level in the work environment is high due to work is
conducted in a Club setting, indoor/outside.
- Must be able to sit for extended periods of time and be able to
perform administrative tasks.
- May be required to stand for periods of time to conduct courses
or training. . This position includes the following: -FREE Club
membership for staff member's children (grades K-12).-Benefits for
Full Time Positions-Paid Time Off-401(k) Plan-Tuition Reimbursement
Program, Referral Program and Employee Assistance Program TO APPLY:
Go to our website, www.bgcmanatee.org/Jobs click on the "Apply
Today!" button to apply and view job descriptions. Principal
applicants only, no recruiters; no phone calls or walk-ins
accepted. The Boys & Girls Clubs of Manatee County is an Equal
Keywords: Boys & Girls Club Of Manatee, Palmetto , Academic Success Coordinator, Other , Palmetto, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!