Company: Manatee County Sheriff's Office
Posted on: June 19, 2022
General Description of Duties MUST BE WILLING AND ABLE TO WORK
NIGHTS, WEEKENDS, HOLIDAYS AND ROTATING SHIFTS. Performs various
clerical and customer service duties to support the work of the
Corrections Property Unit. Ensures all items within the MCSO
property room are logged and accounted for on inventory reports.
Receives, tracks and releases property to and from inmates as
directed. Accurately logs and safeguards inmate money into the
proper commissary account. Processes bonds in accordance with
general guidelines and orders. Knowledge Skills and Abilities *
Ability to accurately enter and/or retrieve information from
various computer systems and/or programs in a timely manner.
* Ability to communicate effectively verbally and in writing.
* Ability to prioritize work.
* Ability to perform other clerical duties such as filing,
answering the phone and/or compiling correspondence.
* Skill in the use of office equipment including computers,
scanners, laminators, and various software applications. PHYSICAL
ABILITIES * Required to speak and hear clearly. Often required to
sit and use hands and fingers, to handle or feel. Occasionally
required to stand, walk, reach with arms and hands, climb stairs or
balance, and to stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl.
* Requires ability walk, bend/stretch, stoop, reach and climb
(stairs or stepladders). Frequently push, pull, lift and/or carry
materials weighing up to 25 lbs., and to occasionally push, pull,
lift an/dor carry materials weighing up to 100 lbs.
* Close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth
perception, and the ability to focus are required.
* Must possess the hand/eye coordination and manual dexterity
necessary to use hands and arms to finger, handle, grasp, and
* Must be able to operate the following: vehicles, computers, and
any other equipment that is used to perform the essential functions
of the job.
* Possible exposure to hazardous chemicals, narcotics, firearms,
and blood pathogens. Tasks and Policies * Provides information,
assistance, and services to the general public, employees, and
others in person, by telephone or by other forms of
* Prepares and maintains written correspondence as required.
* Performs routine computer-related duties including data entry and
* Performs routine clerical, scanning and filing duties.
* Maintains records, libraries, and office files.
* Picks up, delivers or receives and disseminates correspondence,
documents, and/or other information.
* Successfully completes all assignments to specifications, within
specified timeframe and budget as directed and in accordance with
agency policies and regulations.
* Accurately receives or returns inmate property and/or money and
prepares necessary receipts as set by agency policies and
procedures and General Orders.
* Performs other related duties as assigned. POLICY * Arrives on
time for work, limits breaks and lunches to the allotted time, and
leaves on time. Uses leave in accordance with General Orders;
communicates and cooperates with management in providing proper
notice of leave; patterns and amounts of leave usage (not including
legitimate, properly scheduled and approved leave and protected
* Volume of work accomplished is consistent with position
requirements and produced within quality tolerance standards.
* Works with other team members to achieve group goals by
contributing ideas in group settings, accepting ideas contributed
by others, operating within team rules, participating in team
meetings, working with team members to improve job knowledge and
skills, putting team goals over personal goals, and supporting team
leaders once decisions are made.
* Follows standard office procedures, safety policies and
procedures and agency General Orders.
* Maintains good interpersonal relations (the manner in which the
employee responds emotionally and verbally) with the public, other
employees, and supervisors. This policy also relates to the image
the employee projects and includes cleanliness and personal
* Operates and cares for equipment, tools, and vehicles according
to prescribed standards and schedules. Minimum Qualifications *
High school diploma or equivalent (GED) required.
* Passing score of 85% or higher on data entry exam.
* Valid Florida driver license required.
Keywords: Manatee County Sheriff's Office, Palmetto , Office Clerk, Other , Palmetto, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!