Terminal Operator - Port Manatee, FL
Company: CRH Americas Materials
Posted on: June 22, 2022
Job ID: - 419531Ash Grove Cement, a CRH company, provides
portland and masonry cements to help build the foundation and
infrastructure for the world around us. -We ship millions of tons
of cement from our plants and network of terminals located across
North America. When you work for Ash Grove, you are connecting to
something bigger. Join our team and help Ash Grove build
America.Position OverviewPerforms procedures involved with loading
trucks, unloading railroad cars. Assists in the maintenance of
terminal equipment and grounds. Works under close supervision with
standard practice procedures and guidelines. Refers all problems to
supervisor for guidance.Key Responsibilities (Essential Duties and
- Assures proper cement types are loaded into bulk trucks.
- Operates pneumatic and mechanical equipment for truck loading
from computer console using programmed screens, keyboard and
- Assures proper cement types are unloaded from railcars into
designated silos, without contamination of cement types, using
pneumatic and hydraulic railcar unloading equipment.
- May operate programmable hydraulic railcar indexer,
compressors, and/or a cement bagger.
- Operates power sweeper, forklift truck and front-end
- Uses credit approval lists, cement inventory reports, and
approved shipping instructions to determine if a customer's request
for cement can be loaded.
- Maintains shipping logs, prepares bills of lading, and
calculates split-load tonnages based on a trucker's
- Performs daily activities associated with handling inquiries
and orders for customers and sales personnel as specified by
Terminal Manager or Senior Terminal Operator.
- Performs general cleanup duties around loading area.Other
- Proficient in English written and verbal communication skills
and understand warning labels, instructions and signs.
- Demonstrated customer service skills on a regular basis.
- Ability to operate the loading systems used in loading trucks
- Ability to operate sweeper and general hand tools.
- Must be able to calculate loads going into trucks by using
general math calculations.
- Must be proficient at database input and have the ability to
use a computer.
- Must be technically oriented in troubleshooting and repairing
basic mechanical, pneumatic and minor electrical malfunctions.
- Knowledge of terminal operation policies and procedures. Skill
in using terminal equipment and computerized systems.
- Ability to lift heavy materials weighing up to 80 pounds.
Ability to operate all terminal equipment including railcar
vibrators, silos and related equipment, switch engine, and rail
cars. Ability to climb silo ladders up to 50-90 feet in height (as
applicable for each terminal). Experience
- No Experience Education
- H.S. Diploma / GED What CRH Offers You
- Highly competitive base pay
- Comprehensive medical, dental and disability benefits
- Group retirement savings program
- Health and wellness programs
- A culture that values opportunity for growth, development, and
internal promotionAbout CRHCRH has a long and proud heritage. We
are a collection of hundreds of family businesses, regional
companies and large enterprises that together form the CRH family.
CRH operates in a decentralized, diversified structure that allows
you to work in a small company environment while having the career
opportunities of large international organization.If you're up for
a rewarding challenge, we invite you to take the first step and
apply today! Once you click apply now, you will be brought to our
official employment application. Please complete your online
profile and it will be sent to the hiring manager. Our system
allows you to view and track your status 24 hours a day. Thank you
for your interest! Ash Grove Cement, a CRH company, is an
Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity
Employer.EOE/Vet/Disability--If you want to know more, please click
on this -. - -
Keywords: CRH Americas Materials, Palmetto , Terminal Operator - Port Manatee, FL, Other , Palmetto, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!