Sr Injury Adjuster
Posted on: November 17, 2022
Purpose of JobLet's do something that really matters. We have an
important mission: serving the members of the military community
and their families. It's both a chance to say thank you and the
opportunity to put your talents to work in a significant way. To do
it right, we need the right people. We're looking for those who
share our values of honesty, integrity, loyalty and service.
Because what we do is just as important as how we do it. Come be a
part of what makes us so special! Military Veterans and Spouses are
highly encouraged to apply! We have multiple desk based positions
available for onsite or hybrid (as defined of at least three days
in the office, or based on business needs) or remote work
situations. Preferred candidates are expected to live within a
commutable distance of one of our offices in San Antonio, TX,
Phoenix, AZ, Tampa, FL, Chesapeake, VA, or Colorado Springs, CO.Job
RequirementsAs a Sr. Injury Adjuster, you will work within defined
guidelines and framework, responsible to adjust attorney involved
moderately complex bodily injury and UM claims or catastrophic auto
PIP/MP medical claims to include confirming coverage, determining
liability, investigating, evaluating, negotiating, defending, and
settling claims in compliance with state laws and regulations.
Accountable for delivering a concierge level of best in class
member service through setting appropriate expectations, proactive
communications, advice, and compassion.Primary
- Identifies and manages existing and emerging risks that stem
from business activities and the job role.
- Ensures risks associated with business activities are
effectively identified, measured, monitored, and controlled.
- Follows written risk and compliance policies, standards, and
procedures for business activities.
- Adjusts attorney-involved moderately complex bodily injury
claims with demonstrable injuries (e.g. torn meniscus, broken
bones, disc herniations) and UM claims, as well as all auto
physical damage associated with those claims.
- Adjusts catastrophic 1st party PIP/MP medical claims.
- Identifies, confirms, and makes coverage decisions on
moderately complex bodily injury claims or catastrophic PIP/MP
- Investigates loss details, determines legal liability,
evaluates, negotiates, and arrives at claim settlement within
appropriate authority guidelines.
- Clearly documents thought process, investigation, evaluation,
negotiation, and settlement decisions.
- Prioritizes and manages assigned claims workload to keep
members and other involved parties informed, provides timely claims
- Collaborates and supports team members to resolve issues and
identify appropriate matters for escalation.
- Partners and/or directs vendors and internal business partners
to facilitate timely claims resolution.
- Supports workload surges and/or Catastrophe Operations as
- May act as an informal resource for team members with less
- High School Diploma
- General Equivalency Diploma
- 2 years of auto liability or casualty adjusting experience
- Deep knowledge and understanding of the auto claims contract as
well as application of case law and state laws and regulations
- Acquisition and maintenance of insurance adjuster license
within 90 days and designated number of attemptsPreferred
- Bachelors degree or higher
- Military experience or Military affiliation
- Ongoing Professional Development with a focus on Insurance
- 4 or more years auto liability/casualty adjusting
- 1yr Medical experience to include coding and billing or EMT
Work from home member contact employees must have access to minimum
broadband internet connection standards as defined by CTDO. Current
requirements are as follows:
- This is not a mobile position and will require a desktop
computer set up (provided) and hard-wired via an ethernet cord
directly into your router (no Wi-Fi).
- Bandwidth must have minimum capability of consistent speeds of
25 Mbps download and 5 Mbps upload.
- Wireless and Satellite coverage is currently not approved.
- Must be able to provide workspace at home that is safe,
suitable for work, and provide a distraction free environment from
background noises that may distract a member or internal USAA
- In some roles you will be expected to use a webcam for
training, please be prepared every day to turn on your webcam USAA
provides.The above description reflects the details considered
necessary to describe the principal functions of the job and should
not be construed as a detailed description of all the work
requirements that may be performed in the job.Compensation: USAA
has an effective process for assessing market data and establishing
ranges to ensure we remain competitive. You are paid within the
salary range based on your experience and market position. The
salary range for this position is: $60,300 - $108,600. Employees
may be eligible for pay incentives based on overall corporate and
individual performance or at the discretion of the USAA Board of
Directors.Shift premium will be addressed on an individual-basis
for applicable roles that are consistently scheduled for non-core
hours. Benefits: At USAA our employees enjoy best-in-class benefits
to support their physical, financial, and emotional wellness. These
benefits include comprehensive medical, dental and vision plans,
401(k), pension, life insurance, parental benefits, adoption
assistance, paid time off program with paid holidays plus 16 paid
volunteer hours, and various wellness programs. Additionally, our
career path planning and continuing education assists employees
with their professional goals.Please click on the link below for
more details.USAA Total RewardsRelocation assistance is not
available for this position. USAA is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment
without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation,
gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a
Keywords: USAA, Palmetto , Sr Injury Adjuster, Other , Ruskin, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!