Speech Language Path PRN
Company: HCA Healthcare
Location: Sun City Center
Posted on: November 25, 2022
Description IntroductionDo you want to join an organization that
invests in you as a(an) Speech Language Path PRN? At HCA Florida
South Shore Hospital, you come first. HCA Healthcare has committed
up to $300 million in programs to support our incredible team
members over the course of three years.BenefitsHCA Florida South
Shore Hospital, offers a total rewards package that supports the
health, life, career and retirement of our colleagues. The
available plans and programs include:
- Comprehensive medical coverage that covers many common services
at no cost or for a low copay. Plans include prescription drug and
behavioral health coverage as well as telemedicine services and
free AirMed medical transportation.
- Additional options for dental and vision benefits, life and
disability coverage, flexible spending accounts, supplemental
health protection plans (accident, critical illness, hospital
indemnity), auto and home insurance, identity theft protection,
legal counseling, long-term care coverage, moving assistance, pet
insurance and more.
- Fertility and family building benefits through Progyny
- Free counseling services and resources for emotional, physical
and financial wellbeing
- Family support, including adoption assistance, child and elder
care resources and consumer discounts
- 401(k) Plan with a 100% match on 3% to 9% of pay (based on
years of service)
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan
- Retirement readiness and rollover services and preferred
- Education assistance (tuition, student loan, certification
support, dependent scholarships)
- Colleague recognition program
- Time Away From Work Program (paid time off, paid family leave,
long- and short-term disability coverage and leaves of absence)
Learn more about Employee BenefitsNote: Eligibility for benefits
may vary by location.
You contribute to our success. Every role has an impact on our
patients' lives and you have the opportunity to make a difference.
We are looking for a dedicated Speech Language Path PRN like you to
be a part of our team.Job Summary and QualificationsWe are
currently looking for an ambitious Speech Pathologist to join our
team. As our Speech Pathologist you will plan and administer
medically prescribed treatment programs for the rehabilitation of
speech, language, cognitive, and oral motor disorders. If you are
dedicated to caring for the well-being of others, this could be
your next opportunity.Your duties and responsibilities may include:
- You will evaluate the patient's condition, obtain case history,
and administer diagnostic tests to determine nature and degree of
speech and language problem.
- You will establish, implement, and modify treatment plans, in
accordance with hospital/department policies and procedures, scope
of practice and standards of practice.
- You will determine when patient progress and goals have been
met or medical necessity no longer warrants intervention.
- You will establish provisions for continuing services and makes
referrals to other professionals regarding patient care as
What qualifications you will need:
- Master's Degree in Speech Language Pathology required.
- State of Florida Speech Language Pathologist licensed
- Experience in appropriate healthcare setting preferred.
- Current BLS (Basic Life Support) required through American
- Certificate of Clinical Competency (CCC) awarded by the Speech
Language Hearing Association.
- Critical thinking, service excellence and good interpersonal
communication skills; ability to read/comprehend written
instructions; ability to follow verbal instructions; PC skills.
This role requires you to be fully
vaccinated for COVID-19 based on local, state and /or federal law
or regulations (unless a medical or religious exemption is
approved).HCA Florida South Shore Hospital is a 138 bed community
hospital. We provide care to the residents of Hillsborough and
Manatee County. We have been recognized by the Joint Commission for
heart failure, sepsis, stroke and total hip and knee. We have an
American College of Radiology accreditation in CT, mammography,
MRI, nuclear medicine and ultrasound. We received the Healthgrades
top 10% in the nation for patient safety. We are a five star
recipient for gallbladder removal and small intestine surgeries.
Also for hip fracture treatment and pacemaker procedures. We have
24-hour emergency services, cardiology, general surgery and
orthopedics. We provide advanced medical services. We have
experienced healthcare providers and a dedicated care team. HCA
Florida South Shore Hospital was named a top workplace in Tampa Bay
for the fourth year in a row.HCA Healthcare has been recognized as
one of the World's Most Ethical Companies by the Ethisphere
Institute more than ten times. In recent years, HCA Healthcare
spent an estimated $3.7 billion in cost for the delivery of
charitable care, uninsured discounts, and other uncompensated
expenses. "Good people beget good people."- Dr. Thomas Frist,
HCA Healthcare Co-Founder We are a family 270,000 dedicated
professionals! Our Talent Acquisition team is reviewing
applications for our Speech Language Path PRN opening. Qualified
candidates will be contacted for interviews. Submit your resume
today to join our community of caring!We are an equal opportunity
employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate
on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender,
sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or
Keywords: HCA Healthcare, Palmetto , Speech Language Path PRN, Other , Sun City Center, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!