Physical Therapist (PT) Home Health Sarasota County
Company: Healthpro Heritage, LLC
Posted on: November 26, 2022
HealthPRO Heritage at Home is growing in Florida. We are currently
seeking to add a full time home health Physical Therapist for the
Sarasota County area. This position offers:
Competitive pay rates
Full time, Part time, and PRN employment options
Full time benefits including: Medical, Dental, Vision, Long and
Short term Disability, Life Insurance, 401K, CEU360 (Free
Continuing Ed on-line), PTO
At HealthPro Heritage we hire people who share our vision, who work
diligently and provide the kind of care that will help change
patient's lives for the better. As an Associate, your dedication
and commitment deserve respect and recognition. If you're looking
for a career and straightforward and realistic 'care' expectations,
maybe it's time to look at our company.
The Physical Therapist evaluates and treats residents, under orders
from a physician, through the use of a variety of therapeutic
procedures designed to restore loss of muscle strength,
coordination and body alignment, to relieve pain and to improve
movement and function. The Physical Therapist participates as a
member of the interdisciplinary team providing support and
information within the area of Physical Therapy.
1. Review available resident information and evaluate the impact of
this information on the assessment and treatment process.
2. Conduct and document a thorough functional assessment of the
resident, utilizing standardized procedures. Assessment of
home/vocational and equipment needs.
3. Develop and implement an individualized treatment plan based on
resident needs and containing achievable functional goals.
4. Comply with evaluation, treatment and documentation guidelines
and consistently maintain timely and accurate department
5. Instruct Assistants in treatment procedures to be utilized and
provide close supervision while such staff members are working with
6. Enter a progress note in the resident record following each
7. Revise treatment plans, as needed, throughout the treatment
process. Physical Therapist
8. Document the course of treatment in a clear concise discharge
summary utilizing a prescribed format.
9. Orient residents to program services and treatment procedures
appropriate to their needs. Inform residents of any potential risk
during any procedures.
10. Work with nursing staff, resident and families to maximize
resident's use of functional abilities.
11. Instruct residents and family/other caregiver about exercise
programs and therapeutic procedures to be continued by the resident
at home following treatment.
12. Assist in the referral process when a resident requires
additional services following discharge. Maintain current knowledge
of community resources.
13. Attend and participate in, or provide information for
rehabilitation team conferences regarding resident progress,
problems or needs.
14. Attend and participate in other department/facility meetings,
15. Access continuing education opportunities appropriate to
discipline and responsibilities in order to maintain clinical
16. Participate in the quality improvement process.
17. Promote the programs and services of Heritage Healthcare
through formal and informal interactions with the community.
18. Act in compliance with Heritage Healthcare's regulatory and
professional standards and guidelines.
19. Provide input to the Rehab Manager on clinical performance of
assistants, as requested and appropriate.
20. Adhere to facility policies and procedures and participate in
facility quality improvement and safety programs.
21. Perform other duties as assigned and required to provide
quality care to residents.
22. Understand reimbursement by various payers and allocates
therapy resources efficiently in accordance with resident goals and
outcomes related to discharge destination.
23. Demonstrate a knowledge of OBRA regulations, HIPAA, Local
Coverage Determination, and third party reimbursement
24. Support the company's commitment to Compassionate Care;
projects a professional image to foster confidence in the Rehab
25. Perform duties in an independent manner and recognizes
situations where direct supervision is needed; willingly helping
26. Maintain the expected productivity level that has been
discussed and is expected for your position at your particular
This job description does not list all the duties of the job. You
may be asked by the supervisors or managers to perform other
duties. You will be evaluated in part based upon your performance
of the tasks listed in this job description.
1. Bachelor/Masters of Science degree in Physical Therapy.
2. Current license in the state of practice.
3. Prefer supervision, training and/or experience in a setting
serving the same age/type of resident population served by this
4. Certification, if applicable, and demonstrated competency in
identified areas of specialization.
5. Excellent oral and written communication and interpersonal
6. Demonstrated competency in applying the principles, methods,
materials and equipment used in physical therapy.
7. Ability to assess resident needs and develop and implement a
comprehensive plan of care.
8. Knowledge of accreditation standards and compliance
9. Ability to complete the following activities safely, and at
times, for prolonged periods:
--- Standing: Maintaining an upright position on the feet,
especially for prolonged periods of time
--- Pushing: Applying pressure and exerting force against an object
for the purpose of moving it forward or away from the source of the
force - push or pull force up to 35 lbs.
--- Lifting: Raising an object from a lower to a higher position,
or moving an object laterally, from position to position
--- Required to lift up to 50 lbs of force independently. May be
required to lift over 50 lbs with assistance of another person or a
--- Stooping: Bending the body forward and down from the waist,
hips and knees, sometimes for a prolonged length of time.
--- Reaching: Extending hand(s) and arm(s) in any direction away
from the body
--- Balancing: Maintaining body equilibrium to prevent falling when
walking, standing or crouching on narrow, slippery or moving
Recruiter : Email Address:
Keywords: Healthpro Heritage, LLC, Palmetto , Physical Therapist (PT) Home Health Sarasota County, Other , Venice, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!