Posted on: March 15, 2023
Why USAA?This position can be based in one of our following
office locations: San Antonio, TX, Plano, TX, Phoenix, AZ, Tampa,
FL, Colorado Springs, CO, Charlotte, NC or work remotely in the
continental U.S. with occasional business travel.
Manages and analyzes information using a variety of techniques and
tools in alignment with USAA's Enterprise Information Standards.
This role may be responsible for one or more information management
functions noted below: Metadata includes defining and documenting
data ensuring the information is understood. This may include
working with project teams or support teams to define, redefine, or
continue maintenance of the metadata. Data Quality includes
defining data quality rules ensuring data is measured and trusted.
This may include working with project teams to define data quality
requirements as well as ensuring ongoing assessments of data
quality. Information Lifecycle Management includes archiving and
purging of data to meet the needs of the business while reducing
corporate risk. Data Security and Privacy includes owning the
security of data access as well as privacy of data sharing in
compliance with external regulations and internal policies. This
may include working with other groups to ensure compliance to GLBA,
FCRA, PCI DSS, etc. Master Data and Reference Data includes
handling key corporate data to ensure the organization can lead its
operations with accurate and consistent information.The
OpportunityWhat you'll do:
- Lead discussions with multi-functional teams on complex
problems. Align standard processes and tools based on business
- Influence or assist with prioritization of work based on
criticality and risk
- Influence others across business areas and levels to implement
and enhance information solutions.
- Responsible for the maintenance and validity of Information
- Champion and support delivery of information in accordance with
Information Governance standards and data management
- Lead the integration of Information Management practices into
existing processes including ability to incorporate data management
practices into new and emerging information technologies or complex
- Improve metadata to add increasing value to the
- Lead the identification of and resolution of complex metadata
concerns or issues.
- Lead Data Lineage collection and stitching to ensure complete
end to end data flow of critical data.
- Development of data quality rules, thresholds, and standard
metrics of quality for data elements that support critical business
processes in complex situations.
- Development of controls to mitigate data quality risks
including data quality plan development and coordinating the
implementation of data quality controls.
- Define and lead all aspects of high risk data quality
corrective action plans.
- Coordinate compliance assessment process by reviewing and
documenting failures from data quality compliance assessment
- Analysis of Root Causes to identify existing or merging risks.
Find opportunities to strengthen controls and reduce residual data
- Influence others to implement and improve data quality
- Develop Master and Reference Data processes and procedures to
align with Enterprise Policies and Standards.
- Ensure quality and maintenance of master and reference
- Develop of archiving and purging strategies and processes for
complex situations (Data Warehouses; Data Lakes; etc.).
- Partner with IT and Legal to ensure archiving and purging
activities of data is in compliance with legal requirements.
- Oversee compliance assessment process by identifying and
raising items that may be a risk to the corporation.
- Partner with IT and other Information Management resources to
define and implement complex Access Management strategies in
alignment with Information Governance policies.
- Lead Privacy initiatives through classification and analysis of
- Ensure compliance and remediation of sensitive data to ensure
proper mitigation of inherent risk.
- Identifies and leads existing and emerging risks that stem from
business activities and the job role.
- Ensures risks associated with business activities are
effectively identified, measured, monitored, and controlled.
- Follows written risk and compliance policies, standards, and
procedures for business activities.
- Leverages expert data management knowledge in support of one or
many of the information management practices.
- This person may be acting in a steward capacity or considered a
support role with expertise for the information steward as needed.
Tasks may include any of the items noted below:
- Identify and implement process improvements.What you have:
- Bachelor's Degree in Business or Science subject area; OR 4
years of related data and analytics or technical experience (in
addition to the minimum years of experience required) may be
substituted in lieu of degree.
- 8 years of experience in an information management practice,
business application function, or data delivery; OR If Advanced
degree in a Business or Science subject area, 6 years of experience
in data and analytics, technical, or business relevant
- Demonstrated expertise to develop and implement of Strategies
or Processes related to Information Management in complex
- Demonstrable experience leading projects or programs in which
you applied data management practices and tools to address data
management risks and concerns during data lifecycle.
- Advanced SQL knowledge including SQL-based languages.
- Demonstrates the ability to lead efforts of analysis and
resolution of problems or issues; identifies when and how to raise
problems to the appropriate level.
- Experience in synthesizing key information/data and research in
order to recommend information management initiatives that meet
- Experience leading project teams or support teams to define,
redefine, or continue management of data.
- Experience working in Agile Methodology.
- Demonstrated expert communication skills with the ability to
deliver presentations to all levels of management including concise
presentation of complex technical details.
- Indirect leadership of others to deliver results.
- Demonstrated information management expertise including
experience coaching and mentoring others on information management
practices.What sets you apart:
- Demonstrated understanding of Anti-Money Laundering and
Sanctions regulatory environment
- Working knowledge of NICE Actimize and/or LexisNexis
- Experience with cloud-based platforms (i.e., Snowflake)
- Solid understanding of the data development life cycle and
information management principles (ETL/ELT process, SDLC, metadata
management, data quality, etc.).
- Experience in SQL, Database technologies (Oracle, DB2, Netezza
etc.), Java, Python, Hadoop.
- Experience with Tableau, Business Objects, or other report
- CAMS or other relevant regulatory certificationThe above
description reflects the details considered necessary to describe
the principal functions of the job and should not be construed as a
detailed description of all the work requirements that may be
performed in the job.What we offer:Compensation: USAA has an
effective process for assessing market data and establishing ranges
to ensure we remain competitive. You are paid within the salary
range based on your experience and market data of the position. The
actual salary for this role may vary by location. The salary range
for this position is: $95,250 - $182,300.Employees may be eligible
for pay incentives based on overall corporate and individual
performance and at the discretion of the USAA Board of
Directors.Benefits: At USAA our employees enjoy best-in-class
benefits to support their physical, financial, and emotional
wellness. These benefits include comprehensive medical, dental and
vision plans, 401(k), pension, life insurance, parental benefits,
adoption assistance, paid time off program with paid holidays plus
16 paid volunteer hours, and various wellness programs.
Additionally, our career path planning and continuing education
assists employees with their professional goals.For more details on
our outstanding benefits, please visit our benefits page on
USAAjobs.com.Relocation assistance is not available for this
position.USAA is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified
applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard
to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity,
national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
Keywords: USAA, Palmetto , Systems Engineer, Other , Ruskin, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...