2385 - Processing Technician I
Company: Surterra Wellness
Posted on: January 11, 2022
Location: Wimauma, FL
Everyone is welcome here. Each of us is unique, and that's what
makes us amazing. We believe in inclusiveness and celebrating each
person's individuality, because there's power in bringing people
with different points of view and life experiences together. That's
why we provide equal employment opportunities (EEO). All applicants
are considered regardless of race, color, religion, national
origin, age, sex, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental
disability, veteran status, or sexual orientation.
So, bring yourself and your best ideas; when we feel safe and
comfortable being ourselves, there's no limit to what we can
IN A NUTSHELL---
The Processing Technician will be responsible for all aspects of
harvest & post-harvest processing of cannabis. Processing
Technicians are critically important members of the Cultivation
Team and ensure consumers receive the highest-quality Flower.
This role is with Surterra, one of the renowned retail brands under
the Parallel umbrella. Parallel is one of the largest multi-state
cannabis companies in the world, owning and operating in five
markets; Florida (Surterra Wellness), Massachusetts (NETA),
Pennsylvania (Goodblend), Nevada (The Apothecary Shoppe) and Texas
(Surterra Wellness). If you enjoy companies that are growing,
moving fast, and constantly challenging themselves to achieve more,
then Parallel is for you. We work hard, lean on each other, and are
passionate about a pretty ambitious vision --- pioneering a new
paradigm of what well-being can be for all people, everywhere. For
more information, visit www.liveparallel.com.
WHAT YOU WILL BE DOING
Perform all post-harvest processing to include; harvest, drying,
bucking, curing, trimming, machining and remediation.
- Inspect product for defects using a variety of tools.
- Calibrate, operate, clean and store processing equipment
including heat sealers, scales, trim machines, etc.
- Print and apply labels according to Company policies.
- Receive, unpack, and deliver goods/supplies; re-stock items as
necessary; label shelves etc.
- Record data in Company and Compliance Systems.
- Follow all Company Policies and Procedures.
- Maintain a clean and safe environment inside the cultivation
- Coordinate & Support other areas of cultivation.
- Collaborate with other Company Functions like Sales, Marketing,
Extraction, Packaging Compliance, Quality, Etc.
EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS YOU'LL BRING
Age 21 or over
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Valid Government-Issued Photo ID
Can take direction well; great communication skills
- Be organized and have extreme attention to detail
- Ability to focus, be task oriented and manage stress
- Proficient with measurements
- Ability to work independently and as a team member
- Ability to complete, and accurately communicate, data
- Six (6) months cannabis processing experience
- Demonstrate knowledge of cannabis flower quality
Ability to sit, stand, and walk for prolonged periods of time
- Ability to bend at the waist, kneel, crouch in order to access
- Ability to lift and carry up to 60lbs
- Ability to ascend/descend a ladder to service lights and
- Ability to wear personal protective gear during portions of the
- Agile fingers able to perform dexterous tasks
- Exposure to bright light where eye protection is required
- Exposure to cannabis odor
- Exposure to skin contact with plants, to which some individuals
may be allergic
- Exposure to moderate heat and humidity
YOU WILL BE SUCCESSFUL IF YOU---
Are self-motivated; micro-managing isn't fun for anyone
- Roll your sleeves up and do the work; strategy is important,
but so is getting stuff done
- Can work fast and be flexible; our industry is always
- Play nice with others; we collaborate with each other a
- Think creatively; sometimes, the "traditional" solution isn't
the best one
WHAT YOU GET
Consistent, reliable benefits; Full medical/vision/dental, 401k
with possibility of a company match, access to company-sponsored
- Personal growth; industry-leading leadership and professional
- Balance and flexibility; paid time off, paid parental leave,
flexible work arrangements
- Belonging and voice; employee resource groups, product advisory
councils, monthly opportunities to share feedback and discuss your
- Chance to make a difference; Employee Relief Fund, community
volunteerism through our Parallel Cares program
- Equity opportunity; ability to share in both the short-term and
the long-term financial success of Parallel
- Employee discount
PARALLEL IS UNITED BY OUR VISION, MISSION, & VALUES
Our Vision - why we exist - is to pioneer well-being and improve
the quality of life for humanity through the benefits of
cannabinoids.Our Mission - how we will do this - is to build a
leading, global well-being company through the best talent, our
values, trusted and recognized brands, science and technology-based
innovation, and a relentless focus on execution and continuous
improvement.Our Values - Integrity - Collaboration - Alignment -
Intentionality - Accountability - Agility
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. We embrace and encourage our
employees' differences in age, color, disability, ethnicity, gender
identity or expression, language, national origin, physical and
mental ability, political affiliation, race, religion, sexual
orientation, socioeconomic status, veteran status, and other
characteristics that make our employees unique.
Parallel reserves the right to change or assign other duties to
this job description. Your employment with Parallel is a voluntary
one and is subject to termination by you or Parallel at will, with
or without cause, and with or without notice, at any time. Nothing
in this document shall be interpreted to be in conflict with or to
eliminate or modify in any way the employment-at-will status of
Internal ID: 52318
Keywords: Surterra Wellness, Palmetto , 2385 - Processing Technician I, Professions , Wimauma, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!