Facilities Maintenance Technician
Company: Col Care
Posted on: June 20, 2022
Reports to: Facility Manager
The Facility Repairs and Maintenance Technician works closely with
the facility leadership team to assist with day-to-day maintenance
and custodial work of the cultivation / manufacturing facility. The
Technician position requires a highly organized, conscientious,
reliable professional who will be discreet with sensitive
information and has strong attention to detail.
Major Areas of Responsibility include:
* Installs, troubleshoots, and repairs all electrical equipment as
* Performs preventive maintenance on equipment.
* Maintains the condition of all mechanical systems.
* Works with contractors and vendors.
* Performs troubleshooting and repairs on mechanical systems.
* Handles emergency service calls after business hours on an
* Performs mechanical maintenance and building maintenance as
required, using hand tools motorized lifts and machine tools such
as lathe mills, grinders, etc.
* Gathers and disposes of rubbish and waste materials by hand or
with the use of powered equipment.
* Makes rounds of buildings and grounds at regular intervals at
night; inspects doors, windows, and locks to see that they are
properly and securely fastened.
* Observes appearances and conditions of premises and equipment;
reports needed repairs, safety hazards, or conditions requiring
outside vendor services.
* Scrubs, strips, sanitizes, waxes, and buffs floors using powered
machines equipped with rotating brushes.
* Maintains an inventory of cleaning and toiletry supplies.
* Washes walls, ceilings, woodwork, windows, mirrors, and fixtures
using both step and extension ladders.
* Cleans grounds and parking lots of litter, glass, snow or other
* Loads and unloads supplies, and moves heavy furniture and
equipment using dollies, handcarts, or power equipment. Replaces
light bulbs and fuses.
* May perform ground maintenance including removal of snow from
sidewalks, salting walkways, mowing small areas of grass, trimming
shrubs, etc., at an office site.
* Other duties as needed/required to meet goals.
Minimum Qualifications (Skills, Knowledge & Abilities):
* All applicants must be at least 21 years of age.
* High school diploma or equivalent.
* 3 - 5 years industrial work experience preferred, preferably in a
* Ability to install, program, and troubleshoot variable frequency
* Demonstrates ability to organize and prioritize work. Work
effectively with minimal supervision.
* You will regard safety as a core value; serve as role model for
other employees and encourage adherence to safety practices,
policies and procedures.
* You will need to have strong service and quality focus; address
issues effectively when problems arise and take initiative to
understand root cause, then communicate / education team in a
* You will need be able and willing to work overtime, including
Additional Abilities Required:
* The job requires physical activity, including prolonged sitting,
standing, repetitive bending, climbing, and lifting or moving up to
50 pounds (or more with a coworker). Good visual acuity, hand-eye
coordination, manual dexterity, and ability to perform repetitive
motions with accuracy is required. The noise level in the work
environment is usually moderate.
* Note: Nothing in this job description restricts the company's
right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this
position at any time. Reasonable accommodations may be made in
appropriate circumstances to enable individuals to perform the
essential functions of the position
About Columbia Care:
Columbia Care is one of the largest and most experienced
cultivators, manufacturers and providers of medical and adult use
cannabis products and related services with licenses in 18 US
jurisdictions and the EU. Columbia Care currently operates 99
facilities including 76 dispensaries and 23 cultivation and
manufacturing facilities. Columbia Care is one of the original
providers of medical cannabis in the United States, and continues
to deliver an industry-leading, patient-centered medicinal cannabis
operation that has quickly expanded into the adult use market as a
premier operator. The company currently offers products spanning
flower, edibles, oils, and tablets, and manufactures popular brands
including Amber and Platinum Label CBD. With more than four million
sales transactions since its inception in 2012, Columbia Care is
known for setting the standard for compassion, professionalism,
quality, care, and innovation in the rapidly expanding cannabis
Keywords: Col Care, Palmetto , Facilities Maintenance Technician, Professions , Arcadia, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!