Company: Thompson Thrift
Posted on: June 23, 2022
Palm Grove, located in Ellenton, FL, is seeking a Full-Time
Maintenance Service Manager to lead the team with the maintenance
for our newly constructed, luxury, Class A 320-unit property. The
person we are looking for will focus on a range of maintenance
needs including readying apartments for leasing, work orders, small
renovation projects, and emergency maintenance.
This will be a full time 40-hour per week commitment. Must be able
to lift to 45lbs regularly, perform corrective, preventative, and
emergency maintenance. Must be able to complete work in occupied
units and common areas. Conduct apartment turnover and renovation
work to ready apartments for our residents.
Role and Responsibilities:
* Establish and maintain good relations with residents, vendors,
prospective residents, and co-workers.
* Plan and direct activities of the maintenance staff. Ensure
appropriate/adequate staffing to meet the needs of the
* Inspect vacant apartments and perform all activities necessary to
restore the apartment to Thompson Thrift Residential standards.
* Complete service requests or inform the Property Manager of
required vendor assistance.
* Assist outside contractors including groundskeeper and
housekeeping when services are required.
* Maintain a safe, clean work environment (i.e., shop, pool
maintenance room, storage areas)
* Provide 24-hour maintenance and operational coverage to respond
to emergency situations.
* Document replacement of appliances, carpet, vinyl, water heaters,
condensers, etc., in all units.
* Also track furnace repairs, apartment painting (full paint or
touch-up), refrigerator coil cleaning, carbon monoxide checks and
other major repairs.
* Help organize and implement resident functions in conjunction
with the staff
* A minimum of 3 years' experience in property maintenance,
construction or related
* Ability to work independently
* Must be available to work weekends and on-call services
* Valid driver's license in the state of residence required
* Proficient in HVAC repair
* Minimum of 2 years' experience in a supervisory role
* High school diploma or equivalent required
* HVAC/EPA certification required
* CPO certification preferred
Physical Demands: The physical demands described here are
representative of those that must be met by an employee to
successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Employees
may perform other duties as assigned. Reasonable accommodations may
be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform
essential functions. Performance of the required duties will
require physical ability to climb permanent and temporary stairs,
passenger use of construction personal hoists, ability to climb
ladders and negotiate work areas under construction. Performing
this job will sometimes require the employee to walk work sites
that do not have infrastructure, this includes walking on uneven
surfaces, through mud, through ruts, etc. Specific vision abilities
required by this job include close vision, peripheral vision, depth
perception, and the ability to adjust focus. Performing this job
requires the use of hands to finer, handle, or feel objects, tools
or controls, sit, talk and hear (bells, whistles, etc.), stand,
climb, balance, stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. Employees must
occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
Work Environment: The work environment characteristics described
here are representative of those an employee encounters while
performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable
accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities
to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of
this job, the employee regularly works on-site at the construction
work site where the employee is exposed to moving mechanical parts;
high precarious places; fumes or airborne particles; outside
weather conditions and the risk of electrical shock. The noise in
these work environments is usually moderate to very loud.
* May perform other duties as assigned.
At Thompson Thrift, we work to fulfill our mission daily 'to
positively impact our team members and the communities we serve.'
As a successful, 30+ year development and construction company, we
are looking for team members who are inspired by our mission and
share our core values of leadership, excellence and service. Our
property management teams work in a fun, fast-paced work
environment and have tremendous room for professional growth. Full
time position with benefit package including health insurance,
vision, dental, short and long-term disability, 401K and paid time
Are you ready to join our team?
Keywords: Thompson Thrift, Palmetto , Service Manager, Professions , Ellenton, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!