Facilities Electrician Mon - Thur (A Shift)
Company: PGT Inovations
Posted on: September 19, 2022
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES: Other duties may be
* Plans new or modified installations throughout multiple sites to
minimize waste of materials, provide access for future maintenance,
and avoid unsafe, hazardous, and unreliable wiring, consistent with
specifications and local electrical codes.
* Prepares sketches showing location of wiring and equipment, or
follows diagrams or blueprints, ensuring that concealed wiring is
installed before completion of future walls, ceilings, and
* Provides modifications to manufacturing engineers for necessary
* Work safely and within regulations relative to energized panels
and high energy fields.
* Operation of Boom lift for completion of electrical work.
* Installs control and distribution apparatus such as switches,
relays, and circuit-breaker panels.??? Could not recall if this was
A-level or B/C level
* Connects power cables to equipment, such as electric range or
motor, and installs grounding leads.
* Tests continuity of circuit to ensure electrical compatibility
and safety of components with testing instruments such as ohmmeter,
battery' and buzzer, and oscilloscope.
* Assess functioning of installed equipment or system to detect
hazards and need for adjustments, relocation, or replacement.
* Diagnoses problems and repairs faulty equipment or systems in
both manufacturing environment and office environment.
* Troubleshoots high voltage concerns or malfunctions.
* Capable of leading project work involving complex electrical
* Other facility maintenance duties may be assigned.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to
perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed
below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability
required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable
individuals with disabilities to perform the essential
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
* Journey-level certification; Master level preferred
* Minimum of five years' experience in electrical trade
* Knowledge of codes and local regulations; Thorough knowledge of
amps, voltage, and circuit breakers as they relate to large scale
LANGUAGE / COMMUNICATION SKILLS:
Basic English language skills
Basic computer skills
Strong verbal/written/listening skills
Can handle complex mathematical equations.
* Read electrical schematics/diagrams including all symbols
* Size/specify transformers, breakers, motors, ups
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS:
Journeyman level electrician certification (Question: Should this
be Master Electrician level?)
Valid Driver's License - Class E
PHYSICAL DEMANDS / WORK ENVIRONMENT:
The physical demands described here are representative of those
that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the
essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be
made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the
* Standard office environment with frequent sitting at desk in
adjustable office chair.
* Required use of Personal Protection Equipment (steel-toe shoes;
safety glasses; ear protection) to include use of harness (lifts)
and arc-flash clothing when necessary.
* Frequent exposure to manufacturing environment with cement
flooring, warehouse setting with specific safety-regulated walking
* Frequent walking, standing in both office and manufacturing
* Ability to lift 50 lbs. frequently; 75 lbs. occasionally.
* Occasional climbing, stooping, kneeling, crouching, crawling, and
* Occasional need to access confined-space areas.
* Occasional reaching, both overhead and horizontal, with extended
reaching as required.
* Ability to work at varying heights on ladders, electrical lifts
(i.e. scissor lifts; Boom lift), or on occasional rooftops.
* Ability to work outside in variable weather conditions.
* Ability to physically dig trenches for laying conduit in varying
landscape situations (i.e. extreme heat; rain; varying winds)
* Frequent use of eye, hand, and finger coordination enabling the
use of office equipment.
* Frequent use of peripheral eye capability and focused eye
capability, while assessing electrical/mechanical/automation issues
on manufacturing floor.
* Occasional hand/wrist/finger coordination when troubleshooting
issues which involve large and small machinery with moving
* Constant oral and auditory capacity enabling interpersonal
communication as well as communication through automated devices
such as office telephone, cellular phone, and radio
* Consistent daily attendance required to ensure dependability of
* Ability to travel on occasion to different local sites.
* Ability to travel to other South Eastern Business Units (i.e.
Orlando, Miami) as needed.
Occasional: activity exists less than 1/3 of the time.
Frequent: activity exists 1/3 and 2/3 of the time.
Keywords: PGT Inovations, Palmetto , Facilities Electrician Mon - Thur (A Shift), Professions , Nokomis, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!